Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

It is official. William is a good car baby. I knew he would be, but he had his first big car trip this week. William wore his little car onesie that said "small but fast" and we made the three hour trek to Plano on Wednesday. Well, it should have been 3 hours, but the cord to my GPS was in Francis's car (making it useless) and my mother got me lost...so as a result I had to stop and feed my baby 20 minutes from my destination. Other than that William slept the whole way.

I learned that night just how much William talks in his sleep. Sleeping in the same room with him, I could hear every coo, gurggle and cry. He is his daddy's son. It would have been funny had I not been so tired. I can smile about it now.

Thursday, my mom and I went shopping. Since William has outgrown all his three month clothing, he had almost nothing to wear. We got him clothes and I got a couple of tops. I really had nothing that fit right anymore and was either wearing clothes from 2 years ago that do not fit my new "womanly" shape or still putting on maternity clothes that are too baggy. It was a bit of a self esteem boost to see what I look like when things fit. Thursday night I had dinner with my parents and in laws. No one could believe how much he has grown. From then until Sunday, William was constantly being held unless he was sleeping or in the car.

Friday was a big day. William and I went to the State Fair of Texas with my family. Danielle came in late Thursday night and Christian came in to join us that afternoon. There were many highlights in the day. First off, William was an angel. I found good places to feed him and he didn't slow us down. He loved the puppet show. I wasn't sure if he would care about it, but he smiled and watched everything on the stage. He also looked at all the crafts in the craft building and stared quizzically at the animals in the petting zoo. His favorite thing by far though was the firework spectacular at the end of the day. We were down by the fountain end so all the different sprays of water would light up, the screen would show beautiful images, lights would show on the buildings across the way and fireworks would explode overhead. William sat in Christian's lap and cooed and smiled through the whole show. He even danced to "We will Rock You". Christian thinks he might be a future drummer. I have said this before, but I will say it again, William is his daddy's son. Francis loves a good pyrotechnic and lights display. His son is just following suit!

The only sad thing that happened was that William hit his head on someone's shoulder (while he was whipping it around) and it scared him enough that he shed his first real tear. I guess his ducts are working now. It was very interesting to see and yet at the same time it broke his mommy's heart. Luckily it was just one glistening tear, so the sadness was short lived.

Saturday Francis and his dad went golfing (Francis got in late Friday night) and William and I went shopping with my mother-in-law and my family. I got a few more cute tops and William got some clothing as well. He is now a well clothed boy (up until another growth spurt!). It was so much fun. We all had dinner in celebration of Francis's birthday at Olive Garden and had cake back at the Phillilps' household. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families!!!

Sunday, otherwise known as Francis's 25th Birthday, we went to church (where William was again an angel) and then had a lunch with each family. We went back to the Phillips' house and hung out for a while before leaving for home. We stopped in Waco both to feed William and show him off to Christian's friends. Our trek ended late last night, but I think it was a good day. Francis is getting a 3D TV for his birthday, so I think that just made a great birthday even better.

I am making lasagna tonight so that we can have one more night of celebration with just our little nuclear family. It will hopefully round off a wonderful week/ weekend.

The best part of all of this is that William has slept 6-7 1/2 hours straight each night for 5 nights now. It has been great to get continuous rest. Well, William is sleeping so I better start preparing the lasagna so I can cook it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment