Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011

It was a fun week here at Phillips central. After last Monday's hard night, William has been sleeping like no baby's slept before. It's been awesome. I asked Francis if he felt like he has gotten his life back and his response was, "No, I feel like life has gotten even better, like I have an extra life!" I started singing the Mario Brothers theme song...that was the end of any serious talk. Things are becoming less stressful around here for the time being. I am sure they will pick up soon.

This weekend we had some visitors: Ashley Duran and Brittany May. William was loved on and so were Francis and I. It was wonderful to have them meet William and see how special he is. It makes a momma proud.

Francis had his first babysitting job alone with William last night while I went to ladies night with my Bible Study group. I felt a bit like I was missing an arm, but I was never worried because I knew my baby was in good hands. He did a great job and William is still in one piece.

The big news is that William is two months old today! He had his check up today and he is growing faster than a weed. He is now 13 lbs. 3 oz., 23 and 3/4 inches long and 41.1cm around his head. That's a gain of 5lbs. 3oz, 3 1/4 inches and 2 cm in just 6 weeks!!! He went from being in the 50th (weight), 50th (length) and 95th (head) percentiles to the 80th, 75th and above the 100th percentile respectively. I guess he is getting enough food! If he keeps this up, he will double his birth weight before 4 months. I am just glad he is healthy. He also got a bunch of vaccines today so I am expecting him to be a bit lethargic for the next couple of days. Hopefully he will perk up before our trip to Dallas on Thursday. We will be celebrating my mom's Francis's and my father-in-law's birthday's so it should be fun!

I got my flu shot today so I think William and I will bed down and weather the storm now. Time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment