Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6th, 2011

It is September already. William will be 4 weeks old in only 2 days! I can't believe it. He has changed so much. He has started smiling. Just this morning he smiled at me for a good long time. I almost started crying. I was smiling huge to say the least. William through smiling has decided through smiling that he wants to be an Astronaut. More than once we have asked him what he is going to be when he grows up and he has smiled and made noise only when astronaut is mentioned. Francis is so proud. I posted a video on Facebook of a smile I caught while recording. William is also mastering the art of cooing. He has started making noises other than crying to communicate. He has sighed, blurted out, and made noises sounding like "ow", "ha!" and "oh". He is adorable.

This past weekend we had many visitors. Aunt Christian and her friend Kristen came in for most of the day on Saturday. They are both crazy for babies, so I didn't hold William pretty much all day. They will both be great moms when the time comes. I got a fun picture of William and my sister. Apparently making fun faces runs in the family. The three of us went shopping, and had dinner at Applebee's where some woman thought William belonged to Christian and Kristen instead of Francis and me even though we were closest to him and he was facing us. Very odd story. Fun day.

Sunday we went to church and William made it through almost all of bible study (minus a diaper issue) and all of service like a champ. It is the first time I have gotten to sit in the church sanctuary in a month. I was fully prepared to leave, but William slept through the service in my arms. Noise never seems to bother him. The quiet, however, makes him crazy... Sunday night we went over to Russ and Becky's to watch the A&M game. The Aggies won; I think the final score was 66 to 12. It was a great night, but William was so excited, that I guess he didn't want to sleep. Thankfully yesterday was Labor Day so Francis and I could sleep in.

Francis's dad came through yesterday to drop off and pick up stuff from our house. We gave him a copy of William's Birth Announcement (which I was FINALLY able to pick up...thanks to the single competent employee in the Walmart photo department) and had dinner with him. It was nice to see him and I know he loved seeing his grandson. We actually got to talk to much of Francis's extended family via Skype. They hadn't really gotten to see William other than pictures, so it was nice to get to introduce him. Overall, it was a successful day!

After a long night, we are glad to still have a house. There was smoke on three sides of us yesterday that we could see from wildfires. The one in Bastrop is still burning and it smells like a campfire outside. The fire in Pflugerville was put out relatively quickly, and the one in Stiener Ranch is around 50% contained. There was a time last night when I was really worried we might have to evacuate, and I was planning in my head all the things we would need to pack in the car to leave. I came to the conclusion that as long as we got out William, ourselves, and the dogs, everything else can be replaced. But God is good and it did not come to that. I pray for those who did lose their house, though, as it cannot be easy.

Thursday we are going to do William's one month pictures. I am thinking about going clothes shopping today in case I want to be in some of the photos. My body is mostly back to normal so it would be nice to have clothes that fit again. William slept from 9:30 (yeah, you heard me) until 8:30 this morning with breaks at 11, 3, and 6 for feeding, so I actually got a good amount of rest last night. I plan to put that energy to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment