Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12th, 2011

William was officially a month old yesterday. 32 days ago, I gave birth to the most wonderful little boy, William!

He is playing on the floor next to me right now. He has started to learn to entertain himself. That means mommy  doesn't have to be in his line of vision 24/7 either which is nice. Perhaps he is learning object permanence: mommy still exists even though I can't see her. I know it is a little early, but every mom wants to believe her child is advanced, yes? He can already roll over even though he doesn't have complete control of his head. He just arches his back just right and voila! the rest of his body follows. He can do it from back to front and front to back. We really have to watch him carefully.

This past week was rather uneventful. I made my first venture into clothes shopping with William and although he was mostly good, I didn't find anything worth getting. Thursday we made a second attempt at getting professional photos done. The newborn photos came out alright, but the experience was not the best. We went to a different place this time and the photos were awesome as was the trip. We did them in the morning this time and William was a little trooper! He held up his head for us, smiled (although we didn't get it on camera) and only rolled over on the photographer twice. What's more, after the shoot while I was picking out photos, William slept like an angel!

Saturday I had William be out of my reach for the first time. I've had him out of my sight before, but I could always get to him as need be. Francis and I went to the mall on Saturday for me to shop for a dress.
Francis took William around for about 45 minutes while I looked. So granted, we were all in the same building, but it is a step. Maybe someday soon, Aunt Chrissy can come watch him while we go out for dinner and a movie, but not just yet.

Francis was super helpful this weekend. I got to take a 2 hour nap yesterday while William was with Francis and Francis made a grocery run yesterday so that I don't have to do one this week. I am so blessed!!! He is an awesome dad and an awesome husband.

Next weekend is baby dedication at church. We have my parents, my sisters, Frankie's parents and both sets of my grandparents coming into town. We will have our own cheering section! It will be the first time Pop (my dad's father) and Jamama and Japapa (my mom's parents) get to meet William. I am so excited!

I guess that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment