Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

August is almost at a close. I can't believe it has passed so quickly! I am the most blessed woman on earth. William is awesome. He has been sleeping well. Night before last he fell asleep about 12:15 after taking a bottle that I had pumped earlier that day. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Suddenly my car alarm went off in the garage. Francis jumped up to see what was going on. I looked at the clock. It was 5am! William had slept 5 hours, exactly how long the doctor said I could let him sleep before I had to feed him. There was nothing going on with my car. Francis and I figure God was waking me up so I could feed my baby. But the sleep was amazing! The system we have figured out has been working well so far. I will feed him around 9 or so and then watch TV while Francis sleeps. Then around 11 to midnight (when he's hungry) I change his diaper, and I give him a bottle that I have pumped. That way he can drink as much as he wants, and I know he is very full. He generally sacks out for at least 3 or more hours before I need to feed him again. I have been able to get in at least 2- three plus hour stretches of sleep each night and a short nap in the afternoon. It isn't as much sleep as I have gotten in the past, but I know it could be way worse.

William is also not a fussy baby. When he cries I know it is because he is hungry, needs to burp, or because he is about to need a diaper change (if you catch my drift). He is so curious. He looks around and studies anything in his gaze intently. He is learning to use all his muscles. He is getting good control of his head. We work on tummy time. It is not his favorite thing, but he tolerates it well. He will take a pacifier, but he doesn't have to have it.

Hmmm, what else? OH! Sunday night (after William made it through Bible Study and Service like a champ!), William was working out his legs. So, I held him up on the floor and he started walking! I held him up and he walked across the living room and back. I know newborns have that reflex built into them by God, but it is an amazing thing to see. He held up most of his body; he only really needed me for support. How cool is that?!

I guess you could say that things are going well. William's Great Aunt Camille and her two cousins came to visit him on Saturday. They concur that he is adorable. It is very satisfying to have others coo over your little one. It somehow justifies your own adoration.

Well that is it for this love fest. Thanks for tuning in!

UPDATE: After I wrote this, I went to change William's diaper and lo and behold: his umbilical cord stem has just fallen off!! My little boy is growing up so fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment