Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19th, 2011

So much has happened since last I wrote that I can hardly contain myself. I will try to write as much as I can as concisely as I can, but I make no promises. First off, William is smiling up a storm! He gave me his first honest to goodness, eye contact and everything, social smile last Wednesday. I was making funny faces and noises that afternoon and all of a sudden my little boy was beaming! Whoever thought one little toothless smile could do so much to my senses? I've been putty in his hands ever since. I will do almost anything to get the corners of that mouth to turn upward. Another milestone reached. He's growing up so quick!

Francis took off on Friday to give me a break. Both his boss and his boss's boss told his that he needs to use up at least half of his paid time off before the end of the year so he won't lose it. Plus, they know how hard he works and how important it is to spent time with your family. So Francis watched William while I cleaned the house before everyone arrived. It was a big help. I literally put the vacuum in the closet and the doorbell rang. Phew! I couldn't have done it without my wonderful husband!

My parents and sister Christian came in Friday night, and Danielle came in the following morning. We ladies took William shopping with us and I found a new dress and shoes for church the following day. Then a milestone in my life happened: the first time being away from my child. The girls went to get a pedicure and Francis and my dad met us at the shop. They took William back home with them and I was without my baby for one whole hour! It was a good first outing for me as it wasn't too long, and Francis and my dad were watching him instead of some strange babysitter. Everything went well and I came back better rested and more relaxed. When we got back, both sets of my grandparents (including my Japapa for whom William was named) showed up and the love for William overflowed. All but Mom Noble had not yet met William, so needless to say I didn't get to hold him for the rest of night. Actually, other than nursing, I didn't get to hold William all weekend thanks to my mom, Danielle and especially Christian. Christian is a sneaky baby stealer. No matter who has William, he is all of a sudden in Chrissy's arms. She's got some talent, I guess.

Getting to see Japapa with William was particularly special. He held someone who was named in his honor and the look on his face was something I will not forget. I am so glad they were able to meet.

Sunday morning was  a baby dedication. Francis's parents arrived shortly before the service and got to kiss their grandchild before the ceremony. William behaved like a champ. We shook the pastor's hand, got our picture taken and he did not cry even a little. The prayer of dedication almost got him, but he held out to the end. Then Christian and Danielle held him during the service, and William slept through the sermon even though it was very enthusiastic. We all had a celebratory lunch at Carraba's and then took more pictures than we ever could have imagined (much to Francis's chagrin). It was finally time to say goodbye. William was only almost kidnapped twice by doting relatives and everyone had a great time. I am honored to be so supported by so many Godly people. I pray William will follow the examples that have so graciously gone before him!

On a separate note: William wore his first Aggie onsie last night. We got a pic of him with Francis's A&M ring. William proceeded to poop right through his diaper all over it. The jury is still out on whether he was disgusted are just too excited to contain himself. Only time will tell.

Three good nights of sleep have done wonders for me (my mom watched him Friday night, Christian on Saturday night and he slept well last night). William is starting to sleep for longer stretches. He managed to go 6 whole hours on Friday night. Last night he made it from 9pm to 5 am with only one feeding. I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Lol, as long as that light isn't William driving a train of sleepless nights at me, I think we will be ok!

Oh, and I weighed William this morning, and he is somewhere around 11.5 pounds. I guess I am making enough milk! That's it for now!

UPDATE: About an hour after finishing this post, William was doing tummy time on his activity mat when he started to crawl/scoot! He managed to get his whole head off the mat. When I put his my arm behind  his feet, he pushed his way across the floor. So cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment