Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24th, 2011

Week two is nearly past, and I still feel like it is all a dream. My awesome mother leaves tomorrow, and I think that her walking out my front door will make it all more real. She has been taking the night shift. She has been bringing him in to feed and then taking him back to the nursery. I cannot tell you how much this has meant to me. My recovery has been slow but steady, and I think that without her, I would not be healing quite so well. I also have had no "baby blues", which may not have been the case without her help. Thank you mom. Thank you so much.

She is not the only one I need to thank. My in-laws came this past weekend to help while my mother was in Abilene helping my sister Danielle move into her first apartment at college. Besides getting William a new wardrobe, they were willing and eager to step in and help keep us going. Thank you both for filling the gap! Also, our Bible Study class has been bringing us meals three times a week (and will continue to do so until William is one month old). It has been wonderful not to worry about cooking. Thank you to all of you for your kindness. God has truly blessed us by putting such wonderful and Godly people in out lives. My heart is overflowing.

So how is being a mom? There are not enough positive adjectives in the English language to describe it. William is in the swing sleeping right now, and I cannot help but smile and cry just looking at him. He is worth all the 9 months of waiting and he isn't even two weeks old yet. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

William had a doctor's appointment today and good news: William is back up to his birth weight!!! He is in the 50th percentile for both length and weight but in the 95th percentile for head size. It's holding all those wonderful big brains, I suspect. The doctor agreed and she is an expert, hehe. He is just perfect. My little William. I can't believe it!

1 comment: