Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1st, 2011

We have reached the month of William's birth. I can say that with relative certainty because even if he is 18 days late (not that the doctor would let me go that long), he would still be born in the month of August. The end and beginning are near.

I feel both productive and useless this past week and a half. I will explain. Weekend before last, Francis and I spent a number of hours doing the one year maintenance/check up on our house. We looked at things like are the gutters and weep-holes clean and did things like drain the water heater and put the cap-full of bleach in the air conditioner. Nothing by itself took too long, but together the list took a couple of days. We had Russ and Becky over for dinner that Saturday. They are fun people. During the rest of the week, I got Bella up to date on her shots by paying an extended visit to the vet (thanks to two emergencies that came in just before we did), and I got Francis's car fluids flushed at the car shop since they were about 20,000 miles overdue. It is one thing for Francis to put himself in danger by not keeping up with his car's needs, but I want William to have the safest place to ride possible.  So I waited three hours in the moderately warn waiting room, but it was worth it. Tuesday evening I took meals to two different families who needed it, one of which had just had a baby. As I will be receiving meals very soon, I want to help others the way I will be helped.

I cleaned the house on Wednesday after going out to lunch with some friends. When I lived in College Station, the small amount of space we had made it easy to clean on a whim. Now it takes some determination (and a ton of breaks) to get it done. My energy for walking is still not limited, but when it comes to stairs or bending up and down, I get winded quickly. It is like William thinks my lungs are kick balls, and when they get in range, he shoots and scores...to mommy's dismay and wheezing. But I love him anyway. Thursday, my mother and sisters came into town. We got to go get pedicures. It was nice to sit and have someone rub my feet. They aren't swollen, but my arches are so high, that they nearly always hurt. They stayed the night and on Friday, we went shopping for their birthday presents from me. Christian's birthday was last Wednesday (the 27th). Happy Birthday Christian!!! Christian got a slicer/deicer and Danielle got a beautiful and comfy bath mat for her new apartment. We got more stuff for each of them throughout the day, and I even got a couple of nursing camisoles that I will be very excited to use within the next couple of weeks. I loved having them here!

Saturday Francis washed and waxed my car while I fed Quarters into the machine. It hasn't been washed in ages, so it was certainly due. If nothing else, it will look good for our going home from the hospital pictures with William.

So that is why I feel productive. But why do I feel useless? Over the past couple of weeks, my joints have begun to hurt. It was a little at first, but it has gotten worse. The worst part is my fingers and my knees. My knees make it so that I cannot really walk up stairs, but my fingers...well, you can use your imagination. I can't open jars, or grab semi-heavy objects (like a gallon of milk), or even lift myself out of bed with out wincing and or crying out. I am going to talk to my doctor about it tomorrow, but from my research it seems pretty common among pregnant women toward the end of pregnancy. As long as I keep my fingers relatively straight, they don't hurt, so I have been avoiding bending them unless necessary. I have been getting very frustrated because of all I cannot do, but Francis had been a trooper. He is the best husband in the world. He knows how much pain I am in and has been doing everything I need. When I thank him, he just thanks me right back for enduring the pain for the sake of our son. He is such a blessing!

Tomorrow is my three year wedding anniversary. Will William be an anniversary baby? Probably not, but I will find out my progress at my appointment tomorrow. I would like to make it through this coming weekend, because Francis has planned a romantic surprise and I want to know what it is.

12 days until due date. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment