Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

I had a great weekend. Francis booked a hotel up in Cedar Park. It was a brand new hotel and our room was HUGE! He did good. After dropping off the dogs on Friday, Francis picked me up after lunch and we headed up to Cedar Park. After settling into the hotel, I got dressed up and we went to dinner at Main Street Grill in Round Rock. We had our anniversary dinner there last year before Francis left for South Korea and it was a very special time. Francis really listened when I said I would really like to go back. We went back to the hotel after grabbing some dessert and then changed into our swim suits. We went swimming in the indoor hotel pool. It may not sound like much, but we have both been wanting to go swimming all summer. It was a special treat to be able to do it indoors. I haven't been swimming since I got pregnant, and it felt super weird. Not only was my center of gravity off, but when my stomach was under water, William would somehow manage to disappear (my stomach would be soft). Francis was particularly entertained but the fact that if he sent a good size wave in my direction, I was unable to stop myself from spinning. I've never been buoyant before in my life ( I usually just sink to the bottom unless I tread water) so feeling like a buoy was new for me. Very fun. Oh! We also got to exchange gifts. I got Francis the first season of the Big Bang Theory series. There's a story behind me getting it, but all I will say is, "That's the way we roll in the shire." It made him smile. Francis got me a vacuum for the upstairs in our house. I asked for it specifically. I'm so glad he listens!!! The vacuum I have works perfectly well, but I have a great amount of trouble getting it up and down the stairs. Now I won't have to! I have an awesome husband!

Saturday we got up and had breakfast in the room. Then Francis surprised me by taking me on a train ride through the hill country from Cedar Park to Burnet and back. It was about a 3 hour ride. We got upgraded for free to 1st class, and I am so glad because it meant we had a ton of room to move around. The workers and volunteers on board worked very hard to keep us entertained, and they succeeded. We were able to get off and see the depot station in Burnet. Very exciting. We got back in the afternoon and had a light lunch. Francis then took me to a place I have been curious about: the local dollar theater. We went and saw Pirates 4 (I had wanted to see it previously). It is actually a nice little theater and I think we will go there again. After the movie, the late afternoon/early evening heat finally got to me. We headed home and picked up the dogs. We decided to order pizza from a local pizzeria. Oh my goodness! It was some of the best pizza I've ever had. It was a perfect end to a wonderful trip. The best part was that Francis planned it all and I didn't have to lift a finger. That is the best gift he could have given me: showing me how much he cares by listening to what I like and planning accordingly.

Perhaps one of the most interesting developments of this weekend was that after I got off the train, I realized William had dropped. My stomach is a different shape. I went from sticking straight out to having more of a tear drop shape. I can breath again and my bladder is, well, compressed. Does that mean William will be coming in the next couple of days? Probably not, but at least it is progress. I guess I will see what else is going on more tomorrow at my next appointment. Until then, more waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment