Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21st, 2011

I met Mr. Dr. Brown today as my doctor (Mrs. Dr. Brown) was in delivery. He was very nice, and now at least I know what he looks like in case he has to fill in for my doctor in delivery.

They did my Group B Strep test, but I won't get the results until next week. He checked my pelvis. I am 50% effaced, 0 cm dialated, and -2 station (Will's heart rate 150). The good news about that is that I will likely not deliver while my doctor is on vacation next week. I take after my momma; this baby will very likely be late. Dr. Brown noted how much he moves. He asked if Francis is an athlete. I told him he plays hockey, and the doctor was not at all surprised. Apparently I've got an active one on my hands. The nurse even started giggling as she could see my stomach moving before he even put the sonogram wand on my stomach. Then William spent a significant amount of time kicking at the wand wherever it went. He's a mess, but at least I know he's healthy. Dr. Brown was surprised at how low William's head is for me not being dilated. I'm not surprised though; he is pushing down all the time, and I feel like he is going to fall out.

So the waiting game continues, but I don't mind. As someone said, "It's easier to take care of him in there than out here." I do believe they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment