Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 29, 2018

I'm going to have to start taking it easier. Life is getting more, uh, complicated by the day. On a positive note, I've had no additional sicknesses this week. I am so thankful for that! Also baby boy is doing well and moving up a storm. He's pushing his limit already and he isn't even out yet. I know he has to be running out of room despite my being so rotund. I'm seriously hoping I won't have to wait 6 more weeks to meet him!

My joint pain has taken a turn for the worse. Sunday I barely made it to the car from church. The last couple of mornings I've teared up trying to get out of bed because my body screams at me after resting. Walking and standing yield similar results so there is only the occasional respite when I find just the right sitting position. I found this morning I cannot make a tight fist anymore as my hands are swollen and the  joint in my fingers won't cooperate. It seems like today is the last day I will be wearing my real wedding ring until after baby...that is if I can get it off tonight. We plan on making a Walmart trip tonight so I can get a fake ring in the interim. Due to the heat I'm having to drink even more  to keep my salivary stones in check, which is hard because the water here has started to taste, well, like it does every summer= not good. I've also added heart burn to this super fun mix which intense in the evenings but does not seem to be traced to any particular food. All that to say, please keep me in your prayers. 

Back to happier things. Francis has submitted his dissertation and is now working on his defense. This is the last hurdle before graduation. We still don't know where we will be living in the fall, but we do have a couple of options which I can't go into at present. I can say with relative certainty that we will be here through the summer and that baby will be born here, which gives me some peace of mind to know at least that far out. Francis has been pulling a lot of double duty working full time on graduating only to come home and take care of me and the kids. I know he's exhausted, but he hasn't complained. He's really the best and I'm so blessed to have him. 

The kids have been good for me (mostly) too. I've done my best to preserve their routines so that they can get out their energy and enjoy the summer time. Sometimes that means I have to just sit and watch, but I'm just glad to be there with them. I've been having to lay down for a  little bit in the afternoon so I can regain my strength, and the kids have been pretty good getting along and playing quietly. William has been working on cooking so he "can help more when the baby comes". He's learned to help make many things including mac and cheese all by himself (with supervision of course). He's very proud of his progress. I am too to be honest. Robert is starting to read well. You give him most any three letter word and he can tell you what is says without flinching. I would not be surprised if he is beginning to read short books by his 5th birthday in September. He wants to be like his big brother so he's highly motivated. Hannah has an excellent memory, and there is no fooling her. She is quick to remind me of something I have promised her and have yet to complete. She has recently become quite the Daddy's girl during the day but still prefers me when it's story time at bedtime.

Francis's parents came in town yesterday for lunch and to take some of our furniture that was in our office back to Plano with them. they are beyond gracious to store things for us until we figure out where we are moving. If I had the choice of all the in laws in the world, I'd still pick them. We will be seeing them again this weekend at Splashway Water Parks. I anticipate a lot of sitting for me, but I think the kids will have an amazing time! 

Thank you to everyone who has been praying. It means more than you know. I have one sweet friend in particular who took one look at me on Sunday and told me she was bringing our family dinner tonight. I (REALLY) don't like to ask for help, but I accepted and am so grateful that tonight I don't have to stand and make food. God knew exactly what I needed. Thank you God for friends who care. 

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment