Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22, 2018

It's been an eventful week. After I finally got a handle on my sinus infection, I managed to get food poisoning. No joke. No idea what I ate but Wednesday night I started to feel weird and then spent the night in the bathroom sleeping on the rug in between episodes. By morning I was beginning to recover but I tried to eat and move very little that day just in case I relapsed. Thankfully by Thursday evening I felt normal again, and no one else was effected. Since I'm on a different diet than the rest of the family, there is no telling which thing I had was the culprit. Francis worked from home on Thursday so I could recover. Not sure I would have made it through the day without him!

Over the weekend we worked hard and managed to get the nursery completed. The closet in there was full to the brim with stuff, so seeing it empty and ready for baby stuff brought a happy tear to my eye. I quickly filled it with all the stuff that was waiting for a home including baby clothes, accouterments, and a chest of baby toys. It looks weird and amazing when I pass by to see the change, and oh so satisfying! The kids are loving the room and keep wandering in there for no particular reason. I hope they get it out of their system because come July there will be an occupant that will be none to happy to be woken by curious siblings.

Sunday morning, our sweet Bible Life (Sunday School) class showered us with diapers, wipes, gifts, and (most importantly) prayer. I'm so thankful for a group of people who love Jesus and and us. We got an adorable stuffed animal and coordinating shirts for all the kids with Big/Lil Brother/sister respectively that are beyond cute! I can't wait to see them in use.

Today we went on the Trail Buddies hike again. It was long and muddy but the kids loved it. It's a catch 22 for me concerning my joints. It hurts to move but if I stop it hurts even more. By the end of the hike I was very tired though and did manage a nap this afternoon. I woke up stiff. I'm glad this is not a permanent situation (at least I hope!). My salivary stones are still an ever present issue too, but this week hasn't been as bad now that I'm doing massage and heat all the time.

Let's see. The kids are all doing well. As long as I get them out of the house at some point during the day, they are pretty good about my need to take it easy. Hannah is starting to sleep more in her own bed overnight. We finished the end table for her room and I think it is helping her not feel like she is going to fall off. The table was mine as a little girl and was built by my grandfather Pop. We repainted it and upholstered it to be pink and purple (Hannah's favorite colors) and it goes perfectly with her new big girl bed. Eventually we will add the matching head board and foot board and the ensemble will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment