Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6, 2016

It's been a relatively quiet week with a few notable exceptions.

Friday evening we (Francis, the kids and I) headed to Dallas to surprise Danielle as we knew a special event was to take place the following day. We had a late dinner with my parents and then got to climb in the spa tub which had been warmed up to a comfortable 92 degrees for all to enjoy. The boys and Hannah loved swimming, Francis enjoyed the more chilly swimming pools, and I loved how it felt on my achy back. Saturday after breakfast, the boys got a haircut, after which mom, Hannah and I went shopping for party decorations. We got some super cute stuff! We met up with Francis and the boys, Dad, Christian and her family at BJs for an early Mother's Day lunch. Mom got her presents and we got a picture of everyone (minus Danielle who was having her own adventure with Kevin). We then all headed back to the house and feverishly decorated. Danielle and Kevin finally showed up at my parents' house, Kevin proposed, and then we suprised Danielle with an engagement party! That's right, Danielle is going to be a Mrs.! I am so happy for them both and will pray for them as they take this next step toward each other and Christ! The party was amazing and after food, pictures, and more swimming, we finally all called it a night. So. Much. Fun.

Sunday morning, Francis, the kids and I hurried back to College Station and made it to William's AWANAS ceremony with 3 minutes to spare. He got his award, and then we went into the church parking lot for music, food, and bounce houses to celebrate. It was a fun but completely exhausting day! William is so excited for his summer to start. I'm just amazed he has already completed Cubbies and will be a Spark next year!

Robert is learning what is means to obey this week. Although his "listening ears" seem to have been "broken" a lot this week, I do think he is getting better. He's such a joker and so cute; he thinks he can get away with anything. I gotta keep an eye on that cute little pistol. Hopefully he will find a way to use his powers for good!

Hannah is so so close to walking. She stood up on Monday leaned toward me, toughed me with two fingers and then stepped toward me. Almost there! She stands up and pushes her walker around the room like it's the easiest thing in the world. She's getting pretty fast and I think she's even intentionally rammed the boys a couple of times though I have no proof. The pictures from he photo session last week turned out like a dream. She is looking less and less like a baby and more like a girl all the time. Soon she'll be a toddler.

Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment