Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 28, 2016

Well, as of Sunday, Summer will have officially come to the Phillips house. We finished MOMs last Thursday and finished Bible study on this Tuesday. William finished his second AWANAS book on Sunday and will have his awards ceremony on this coming Sunday. We told him that is when he will "officially" graduate pre-K and then there is a party following with inflatables and activities to kick off the summer. It's going to be great!

Hannah turned 9 months on Sudnay. AH! That was fast. She had her check up today and is long and lean with a big smart brain (29.5 inches and 18lbs respectively). She's did great and didn't even cry when they pricked her finger for a small blood draw. Big girl! She's crawling all over, standing and pushing the walker around like a champ. Any time now she'll surprise us with that first little step. I'm so happy to have been blessed with her! She has started to say "momma" just as much as she says brother, but mostly when she's mad or upset. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of things to come. She's happy to be around people and loves her teacher at church: Ms. Wilma. Each day is a new adventure! We did Hannah's nine month photos at my friend Robin's house. Hannah gave Robin a run for her money by not wanting to stay in place for photos. I'm sure we got a couple of cute ones though despite Hannah's best effort to crawl off.

Robert moved up rooms at church. He did great and likes his new teachers. Having been up at church a lot, he knows most of the of the workers, so he wasn't much of a change really. More than one of them tells me how he is always so sweet. With mother's day coming up, they asked him why he loved his mom (for a project) and his answer, "mommy feeds me, plays with me....just because!" Melt my heart. He tells me he loves me all the time. So stinkin cute! He has got a great imagination too. His favorite game lately to to pretend he has "robot arms" or to build robots out of legos and play with them. A future engineer, maybe? Inventor? Time will tell!

William has had a fascination with math this week (nothing new)...specifically with multiplication. He's been asking Francis and me all sorts of multiplication questions and mulling over the answers. I turned the tables on him on Tuesday. "Hey William, What's 2 times 2." "4" I assumed he was answering like it was 2 plus 2 as he is very good at addition and subtraction. "Okay, what's one times one." "It's one mommy. Anything times itself is that number." I looked a little shocked, but kept going. "What's 3 times 3?" He didn't answer right away so I left to help Robert with something but when I returned he had on an impish smile. "9!" he said without hesitation. I asked him how he did it and he told me that he did three 3s on his hands and then counted. I asked him to do 4 times 4 and he used his toes, but came up with the right answer. Turns out he can do any multiplication problem up to five times four because then "I run out of fingers and toes".  He can also multiply any number by zero or one and can multiply by 10 up to 100. Who knew? I'm amazed. Truly amazed.

I think that's it for now. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment