Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19, 2016

It's our last week of no plans all Summer. Crazy how things will ramp up next week and not cool down until September. Granted they will all be fun things and we will try not to be to busy, but we have at least one (fun) thing to do each week from here on out. This week we kind have been winging it. We've been to the children's museum, the library and even shopping at Walmart. All's relatively quiet here, which is a nice change of pace.

I am surprised Hannah has not taken her first step yet. She is capable, but either leans while standing so you'll catch her, holds onto something to walk around, or stands there for a while smiling at you, sits down and crawls to you. It almost happened night before last, but she grabbed onto Francis mid-step so we didn't count it. She'll get there and we won't rush her. But I do know we are close. Hannah has also turned into an avid climber. She can get on almost anything. She loved getting on the boys' little picnic table and then calling for me because she can't get down. Yesterday she found a way to get onto the kitchen table without assistance. Francis and I were just talking when William said, "uh mom!" and I turned around to see Hannah in the middle of the table laughing. Silly girl. She also likes climbing up on this portable toy tool cart and having the boys push her around. I'm glad that thing is sturdy! She also loved chewing on shoes so if you come in my house, beware! I love her quirkiness and every though. She's a keeper!

Robert has been asserting his opinions much more lately. He will mostly only wear his superhero flip flops when we go out. He only wants to wear shirts with capes until he runs out during the week. He knows what snack he wants and when he wants it. He wants to do most everything himself. He's not pushy or ugly about it, and he's pretty agreeable even when I try to help and he doesn't want it. Yesterday at the Children's museum he got it in his head that he wanted to go tot he potty by himself and that he needed to lock the stall to do it. That part was all well and good except he couldn't unlock the door. Not wanting to ask for help, he tried for a bit before William climbed under the stall to release him. "Tank you" Robert said. "Are you going to lock the door next time?" I asked. "YEP!" Oh that boy! He also has been getting ever more elaborate at his dinner table prayers. Last night after thanking God for all of the family members, he thanked Him for Batman and Superman also. It was pretty stinkin' cute. He's also so generous with his stuff. Someone commented on Robert's generosity and William fully agreed adding, "yeah he is, but me...not so much."

William is getting ready to be a five year old and a Kindergartner, and both are ever present on his mind. He has all sorts of ideas of what life will be like. I hope it lives up to his expectations. We have officially signed him up for Classical Conversations at our church next year which will more or less cover his history, science and music for kindergarten. He'll have at least one of his friends in his class, and he is very excited. I am still mulling over the math, reading, and writing curriculum I would like to use, but I have narrowed it down. This journey scares me to pieces, but I know I'm doing the right thing homeschooling next year. I see a lot of myself in William. He even eats all of the "crunchies" out of his cereal to save the best ( the marshmallows) for last. He likes to go last during reading time at nap and bedtime because it gives him longer to anticipate his book being read. I'm hoping our similarities will help and not hinder us next year. He's a sweet boy and I love watching him...all of them...learn.

That's it for now. Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment