Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20, 2016

Last weekend was Parent Dedication. What is that? It's where parents' dedicate themselves to raising a child (baby) by continually seeking after Christ and following His lead. some call it baby dedication, but not Central.

My parents came in on Saturday. We met them for lunch at Chuy's the kids were delighted to see Sweetie and Papa! After lunch the men took the boys back to the house and my mom and I went shopping with Hannah for a new dress for me. We got new clothes for everyone (except poor Hannah who already had an amazing dress that we just couldn't top). My dress was striped navy and white with a pink belt and we even found shoes to go with it. Hannah was a trooper. I don't get as much time with my mom as I'd like, so this was a special treat. We all had dinner at Grub Burger out on the patio. The weather was just perfect and the company also.

Sunday we all got dressed and headed to church. In addition to my parents, Cyndy, Chris and Abby came up to see the dedication. I'm so happy they did. Hannah wore the cutest petal dress that went from white at the top to dark pink on the bottom. She got many compliments on it. The boys and Hannah were great while we were on stage and only got a little goofy once the service was over and we tried to take pictures. we got a gorgeous family Bible and they prayed over us. It was a special time. Everyone had lunch at BJs to celebrate (with a "kid" end of the table and an adult end). There was laughter and the love there was palpable. I'm so thankful for times like these. Everyone came back to the house. Abby and the boys played a bit before the Boergers and my parents had to head out. I was a little sad to see them go, but its hard to be sad when your heart is so full. Thank you God for family. Especially mine. 

Tomrrow is our last MOMs meeting of the year, and William's last ever. He finished "PreK" on Friday and he so excited to start Kindergarten. He keeps talking about what he will do when he's in kindergarten and gets to move over from the preschool building to the children's building at church. We've been praying a lot about what to do with him next year and it looks like I will be joining the ranks of Home school moms. Our church is starting a Classical Conversations group and I feel a tug at my heart that this is where we will be next year. I still have to decide on and order separate literacy and math material, but baby steps! It will all come into place in His time. 

Robert is still loving his Batman. My mom got him another batman shirt (and William a superman one) so he can now be Batman every day but Sunday (gotta draw the line somewhere). I'm sure the fascination will wear off but for now if I  mention batman, I can get him to do almost anything ("I bet batman would eat his vegetables"). Honestly, it's pretty cute.  

Francis got done a little early yesterday and took us out for dinner to Blue Baker. The boys were super excited, and we had a great time as a family. We had to rush to William's skating lesson without dropping Robert, Hannah and me off though, and yet by the grace of God I had accidentally left William's jacket in the car so he wasn't cold during his lesson. Robert and Hannah got to play upstairs as we watched William skate. He's gotten faster than me all of a sudden. I'm amazed!

I promise this life over here is not all sunshine and rainbows, but I do try to put mostly good stuff on here because that is what I want to choose to remember. Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment