Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 11, 2016

It's been a full week and a half.

Sunday before last, Kristi, Gershom, and their three girls came to stay at our house for most of the week. Other than Tuesday during the day and Thursday morning, we hung out with this delightful family! Gershom had a conference on A&M campus, so he and Francis carpooled each day. Momday Kristi and I took all the kids to PetSmart. Then we went to lunch at Chick-fil-a and saw the ever sweet and fun Audrey Brower. the kids played and the ladies got to talk a bit. After a nap and some play at home, we walked with the kids to a nearby park. The walk was warm, but the kids had a blast. We all went out to Dinner in the college station favroite: Double Dave's. The kids had fun eating all the pizza, but especially the dessert pizza. When we finally got the kids to bed, the adults played Settler's of Catan. And I actually won!

Tuesday the kids and I had bible Study and a quiet afternoon, but when everyone arrived home it was a joyous reunion. The boys had very much missed the girls. It was so cute! That night Kristi and Gershom taught us how to play Eucher (sp?). We laughed so hard I'm amazed we didn't wakt the kids. Wednesday Kristi and I took all the kids to the Children's museum here and then out for a picnic lunch. After a brief resting period, we went back out to find a place to do bluebonnet pictures. We were unsuccessful, but we did have fun in Research park and hanging around with some friendly ducks and turtles. One funny thing happened. While we there a man in uniform came up and said, "Don't be alarmed, but some men are about to come through here with fake guns." Sure enough we turned around about 3 dozen men from the corps were in their fatigues carrying weapons. They had just finished their war games and were heading back. The kids thought it was super cool. I'm just glad they warned us! WE finished off the night by all going to Blue Baker and meeting up with our husbands, Tracy and Dave Brower and their kids. The gang was reunited and we all agreed at the end that it had been too long. We are so blessed that God had put such sweet friends in our lives!

Thursday after my moms meeting, The kids and I met up with Tracy, Kristi and their kids at a nearby park for a picnic. We tried to soak in every last minute of them being here. Kristi, Gershom and the kids were gracious enough to stay for dinner (I made tacos) before heading back to Ft Worth. The kids all said fond farewells, and we hope to see them again in July. We could not have asked for better house-guests!

Friday, the kids and I went on a field trip to a hospital where we took a tour or an ambulance and a helicopter. The kids got to look at all the equipment in the ambulance. William got strapped into the board they use to transport people, we saw the helicopter land, and then all the kids (even Hannah) got to sit in the pilots seat. It is not a day they will soon forget. Friday night was Junction (parent's night out). After dropping off the kids at church, Francis took me to Luigi's and we had a delightful time. Somehow we got off on the topic of our honeymoon, and together we recounted all we could remember from it. Each of us had memories the other had forgotten. We had ice cream from Sonic before heading back. I love this man I married.

Saturday William had his next hockey lesson and the Francis took the boys to A&M for a science exhibition. They had a great time and came back with all sorts of stories. Hannah and I went dress shopping with Audrey, and although we had fun I did not end up with a dress.

This week we've been getting back into the routine. The school year is almost over, and I'm sad to see it end. Summer promises new joys and challenges, but I will feel better when we've nailed down what we are going to do in the fall.

William's last week of "school" is this week. He will finish both his books on Friday and I'm sad to see "pre-k" come to an end. He's excited though and who can blame him! He is reveling in the excitement of growing up. He is a delight to my heart and seeing him grow and change gives me a glimpse into how the Father sees us.

Robert is fully in the "me-do" stage. He also likes his privacy. He is pretty much in full time underwear and take himself to the potty. If I barge in when he's going, he kicks me out and tells me to close the door. If only he could give me the same courtesy! I am so thankful for his laughter and silliness. He makes each day more joyful!

Hannah is standing independently now. I think she learned it from Elliana (who is a year old) last week. On Wednesday I turned and she was just standing there holding a toy in her hand and grinning big as day. "When did you learn to do that?" I asked. She just sat down and went on about her business. She's done it a few times since and thinks it is hilarious. she is also getting good at using the push walker instead of the one she sits in. I foresee first independent steps before I know it! Thank you God for her and her infectious energy!

I think that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment