Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 25, 2016

Well, it's been quite a week with some ups and downs.

My niece Abby turned 5 on Tuesday and had her birthday party last Saturday. How did that happen so fast??? I saw a picture of me holding her in the hospital and all the joy of that day came flooding back as if it just happened. Such a sweet memory. Anyway, Francis, the kids and I drove down to Houston for Abby's party on Saturday. We all had a blast. The boys got to play with two of their best friends (Abby and Ranger) and Hannah and Asher had some baby fun too. There was a bounce house and tea and seriously the cutest decorations for a tea-themed party. Bravo to Cyndy for making and setting it all up. Abby was a cute hostess as she wanted to make sure everyone was having a good time. Her smile lights up a room, I tell ya! Robert got injured in the bounce house: his face collided with another's head. But he eventually shook it off and we didn't think much more about it. We hung around after the party with Cyndy, Chris, Abby and the Davis Family before heading back. After a short phone call with my in-laws (who were sick and couldn't come to the party). Francis and William went to a Learn to Play Hockey class. He got a hockey stick and a jersey and had a great time, Now he is even more excited and playing in the future!

Sunday we did church as usual, but when we got home and got ready for nap, I took one look at Robert's face and nearly lost it. The left side of his nose was suddenly swollen and purple/yellow. I did a quick google search and then Robert and I headed over to the urgent care clinic. The doctor there said it was probably broken (which was my suspicion) and that bruising and swelling occurring 24 hours after the injury is normal. She referred us to an ENT doctor. We met with the ENT doctor on Tuesday (after bible study and lunch), and he confirmed that it was indeed broken on the left side close to his eye. Poor Robert! The doctor said that he didn't have a cast small enough to fit Robert and he was pretty sure that Robert likely wouldn't leave it on even if he did. The wound wasn't infected, and everything was fine all things considered. It could have been way worse. Robert did tear the
skin (upper labail frenum) inside his mouth also, so he has a bit of a fat lip too. He's a trooper and hasn't let it slow him down. But... no more bounce houses for at least 6 weeks while it heals (this was what the doctor said). Ideally we should try and get him to rest and recuperate, but the doctor knows that is unrealistic for a 2 year old. Smart man!

Tuesday evening William had his last class of "Snowplow 1". Francis, Robert, Hannah and I went up there to watch him finish and see how much he'd learned. I am very impressed. He can "walk" on the ice great, moves with confidence, can spin and even knows how to go backwards. He graduated with flying colors, having almost all of the qualifications for finishing snowplow 2 as well. He got a patch and was overjoyed that we got to see him skate. I think we are signing him up for the next session. He'll be ready for Hockey in no time!

Hannah turned 7 months yesterday.... SEVEN months! She is growing so fast too. People keep thinking she is at least 9 months because she is so long. She is crawling, pulling up on stuff, getting into everything and laughing constantly. Oh! and she now has 8 TEETH! She got one yesterday and two today. That makes 6 teeth in exactly 2 weeks. Crazy! She has 4 on top and 4 on bottom. this is good because she tries to eat everything in sight and she will now have the chompers to do so. Her brothers love playing with her, giving her hugs and making her laugh all the time. William said just thins afternoon, "I'm so glad we have Hannah now. I had to wait so long for her to get here and I love her so much". He went on to brag on his brother and there might have been a group hug at the end. Those moments make me so happy and are sweet pauses in the beautiful chaos that is this family.

I have been flat worn out with Hannah's teething and the congestion I can't shake, so I'm hoping there is a break in my future. But if that's the price of this life God gave me, I'll gladly pay it.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment