Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, 2016

Well, this past week did not turn out as planned.While it's not always bad, it does throw my planner's heart for a loop. The Moms and Pops Banquet, while enjoyable, was not exactly especially romantic as I had played it out in my head (which is totally my own fault, and as I mentioned it was still good!). Angel, Ranger, and Asher were unable to come up and visit on Friday due to a stomach bug, so instead the kids I went to playgroup. There we met a Korean woman in need of encouragement that she could be a mom to two kids (she was pregnant with a toddler). It was indeed where God intended us to be that morning, but not what I planned. Friday afternoon, the kids and I took Lucy to the vet because she keep coughing up junk going on two weeks now. The appointment lasted over 2 hours and they still don't know what's wrong. Quite an afternoon to say the least. Friday night, Francis's meeting went very late and so we missed our Valentine's dinner reservation, but they held it for us. The night started off rushed trying to get there, but the actual dinner was good and the company unparalleled.  We went to pick up the kids from church after 2 hours (of a 4 hour parents night out). Hannah was asleep but due for a feeding, so we picked her up, but the boys didn't want to leave. We told them they could stay, and went home for an hour with Hannah before Francis headed back up to church to get them. Church is only 15 minutes or less away, so it was nice to have a little quiet time at home after such a busy day.

Saturday was bliss. We drove to Sherwood Forest Faire and met up with the Jennings. Oh how I missed them! It was like no time had passed, yet out kids were all older. How did this happen?!? Seth hadn't even met Hannah. We all got to see the joust, falconry and the kids who were big enough did a couple of rides. It was good for my body to be in the open air, and good for my spirit to be with old friends.

The rest of this week has been a bit of a blur. Hannah went from 2 to 5 teeth since Thursday. She cut on Thursday, one Monday and one Tuesday with a fourth bulge due to pop out any second. All that to say she hasn't been sleeping well since Thursday. Her toothy smile is totally worth it, but I'm pooped. I handled the first few days ok, but I'm beginning to feel like I did when the kids were newborns. I'm hoping the last tooth pops out today and we can have a bit of a break! Hannah has also mastered the moving from sitting to crawling back to sitting. She is so proud every time she sits herself up. It's still occasionally awkward, but the transition is getting smoother all the time. She's becoming a fast little mover. The boys can't leave anything on the ground! They love her so much though They will share almost anything with her (for better or worse) and constantly want to hug and kiss her. They also tell her that she is cute, much to her delight. I am so blessed to have kids who (mostly) get along and genuinely love each other. Robert and William are great brothers. I pray Hannah will be just as good a sister to them.

Life is calling. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment