Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1, 2015

ah, December.

So I left off with last Wednesday. I will try to make this as brief as I can. Last Wednesday my in-laws took the kids and I up to Grapevine Mills mall again, this time for the Aquarium. The boys had fun looking at all the animals (Hannah slept again). I think Nana and Grandad had fun too. William and I completed the scavenger hunt, earning us each a medal. Robert promptly took my medal and wore for the next 3 days straight. hehe, not sure what to make of that but he sure was pleased! Wednesday night the kids and I ate with my Dad, his parents (Mom and Pop), my Aunt Camille and Danielle. It was fun and the boys got to drive the power wheels Gator around the garage before we left. It was a fun day!

Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving. We packed up the car (Francis arrived the night before) and headed from my in-laws to my parents' house for the day. My grandparents, aunt Camille, parents, Danielle, Christian, Chad and the twins were all there. It was great! The boys drove the gator all over my parents' land before it started to rain. William has become a decent driver in just a week of practice. Lunch was DELICIOUS! Thanks everyone! Hannah tried to get her hands in my food but I managed to keep her out. She loved all the attention, snuggled with anyone willing and was an angel. All the kids were great!  After lunch, Christian took a nap and Danielle and I got to do a photo shoot with the twins. It was my first time to do pictures of someone else's kids, but I think they turned out cute (if only because the subjects were so adorable).

Thursday night we headed back to College Station through quite a storm, and Friday we drove up to San Antonio. It's a long drive, but we made it. We spent the weekend with Francis's family fighting the cold and rain. We managed to go to the children's "Doseum", have dinner with Santa and go see a couple of shows at Sea World. we came back Sunday morning.

I've spent the last couple of days trying to put up Christmas decorations, and trying to get the house back in order. I know it will take about a week to get everything reset, maybe longer with Christmas stuff in the equation, but in the mean time the clutter is making me nuts. My kids and husband come first though, and so I'm trying to temper my urge to clean everything in sight right this second with spending meaningful time loving on them.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment