Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015

It's been a busy two weeks. I can't even tell you all that's been going on. I will give it a shot though.

Wednesday before last I went out for a girl's night with ladies from my MOMs group. so fun! I brought Hanah with me to feed her. During dinner Hannah was gnawing on my hand something fierce. All of a sudden, it hurt! something sharp had scraped me. I look in her mouth and she's gotten a tooth! her bottom left front tooth came in during dinner. Crazy, right? She's been working on the one next to it, but it hasnt brken through even though I can see it through the gum. It'll be here soon!

Friday, the kids, dogs and I made the trip to Dallas It was long, but we made it. Francis came along later that evening. It was time for my birthday weekend. And yes, I turned 30. Saturday morning early my sister Christian had her twin babies: Issac and Alexandra. After a lunch Francis, the kids and I went to meet the two newest members of our family. Christian was understandably tired, and Chad was pleased as punch to be a new daddy. I got to hold Alexandra. She was just as sweet as can be. The kids loved their new cousins, doting on them for some time. After the visit Francis took me to my sister Danielle's house. This was an unexpected stop. Then my friend Ashley pulled up behind us in her car. She laughed and we entered to a "surprise!" from my family. I was surprised. I had just seen my parents at the hospital, and here they were! Brandon and Bethany were there too as well as my in-laws, Danielle and Kevin. We had the most delicious cake, played a really hard trivia game (about me!), and opened gifts. My heart was overflowing. After the party (which I wish had never ended truly), I rushed back to my in-laws to change and go to dinner at BJs with my family. Danielle, my mom, and I had to eat fast and get to the Theater to see the Sound of Music at Fair Park. We barely made it. It was so worth it!!!! The music was spectacular. A perfect end to an amazing day. When I got back to my in-laws I found out Hannah had taken a bottle for Francis. It was the icing on the cake.

Sunday was my actual birthday. We went to Prestonwood for church and then lunch at Cowboy Chicken. I got to visit my sister, Chad and the twins again on my birthday. William came with me because he had not yet gotten to hold Issac and wanted to desperately. We got to the hospital and an elated William told Issac everything Issac needed to know about life. It was so sweet. Then I got to hold Issac. I was one happy aunt. AND THEN I got to hold both of the twins. A happier aunt you would not have found at that moment. I smile thinking about it. After my all too short visit (William cried when we left because he wanted to stay), we consoled ourselves with Slurpees and headed back to my in-laws. We played some and then I got to pick where we ate for dinner. I really wanted a Brazilian steakhouse, so we went to Texas de Brazil. YUM! My in-laws, parents, Danielle, Kevin, Francis, the kids and I had a wonderful evening laughing and talking over piles of meat. Then Francis had to head back to College Station.

Monday, Frankie's wonderful mom took the kids and I to Legoland in Grapevine. It was crowded but the boys had a blast (Hannah slept through it). William got to ride his favorite ride 3 times and he even drove a car by himself for the first time (you have to be 4 and 42 inches to drive on the track and he just barely made both). He only got rear-ended a couple of times and did great overall. Robert loved building the little lego cars and doing the earthquake simulation. For lunch, we all met up with my mom and ate at the rainforest cafe. The kids were super happy to be hanging out with both Grandmothers. It was so fun to watch them all experience the "animals" and look at all the fish.

Tuesday Frankie's mom and I went up to Collin Creek mall and rented some ride on animal vehicles for the boys to drive around the mall. Robert had to have an adult drive with him, but William went solo. I'm glad the mall was pretty empty because those boys drove all over. It was a blast.

so... the kids are up and hanging (extra) ornaments they found on the tree without me. So I'll have to continue this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment