Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 16, 2015

Good news! It seems William's lying has ended as quickly as it began. Since I last posted, William has not (intentionally) lied and has even corrected himself later when he found out something he said was inaccurate. He has also learned the difference between lying and kidding (when you are kidding you tell the person the truth quickly after and it has to be a joke). Hi sense of humor loves to kid so he was relieved that joking around is ok. He is loving this time of year and has memorized most of what the angels say in Luke 2. he wants to be part of the Christmas story reading this year, Big boy!

Robert has started singing and it's adorable. Favorite tune? Happy Birthday. He keeps singing it to Jesus and my heart melts into a puddle. Robert's favorite word is "too".  No matter what I ask William, Robert repeats it with the word "too?". He doesn't want to be left out and who can blame him. He's getting so big. He's grown almost an inch since September. He's trying to catch up to William!

Hannah girl is growing too. I put her on my hip today and she managed pretty well holing herself up. A hip baby already?! She's sitting up here and there and is so attentive to all going on around her. Nothing's gonna get by this girl. She's smiley as ever and has an easy, jovial laugh. Her brothers do everything to make her laugh, and the sound of children laughing rings through the house like bells. It's not always sunshine and daisies over here (in fact most of the time, its not), but sometimes I think I get a little glimpse of heaven.

Saturday was not heaven. That's an understatement if ever there was one. Francis needed to study for Finals, so I had to keep the kids out pretty much ALL DAY. Oh, and it was pouring rain most of the day. Not sure if you've ever tried to wrangle 3 small children through stores with no stroller (not worth getting it soaked, or so I thought), but it ain't easy. I took them to Sam's Club, Kohl's chick-fil-a, Gander Mountain and the Mall. At Kohl's there were no carts available, and the boys played tag through the clothes knowing I couldn't reach them because I was wearing Hannah on the front of me. A grandmother took pit on me and found an abandoned cart. Bless her! At the mall, the crowd was overwhelming. We were wet, tired and carrying Hannah had taken its toll. There was an area of fake snow for the boys to play in, so while they were occupied, I called Francis. I wasn't sure how I was going to carry Hannah and Robert (who no longer wanted to walk) back to the car. Awesome man that he is, Francis took a break from his studies, picked us up and took us out for dinner as a thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, I picked a good one! FYI Francis did great on finals, and I know his grades will reflect that. So proud of him!

A slice of heaven was experienced yesterday though. After putting the number on our calendar and reading Luke 2, William and Robert came in with blankets on their heads. "We want to be Mary and Joseph." William said. I asked how they were going to do that, and after some thought William decided they could be shepherds and I could be Mary. They brought me a blanket and we tied them on our heads. We got out a tent for a stable, and put Hannah (playing the part of Jesus) in her bouncer (manger) and wrapped her up. Then, oh then, the boys sat and gazed on Hannah much how I imagine the shepherds looked at Jesus. They cooed and whispered, touched and smiled. Hannah smiled (something newborn Jesus probably didn't do) and talked to them. This beautiful harmony of sounds is etched in my memory. I got a picture. It is one of my new favorites. For a moment I did feel like Mary as she "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19).

Last night I went to another craft night. I must be a glutton for punishment, lol. This time it was all the ladies of Central Baptist Church. It was so fun to be around ladies of all ages and backgrounds, but I am currently all crafted out for like the next 20 years. My house looks pinterst-y for the first time ever. It will likely never look so put together ever again!

Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment