Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 17, 2015

My last post before I'm 30. Just Wow.
Last Friday we did something we rarely do: stayed home all day until Francis got home. Usually we can't make it through the morning without going somewhere. The boys love to explore and need to burn off energy, but as I was praying on where to go since we had no plans nothing came to me. Nothing, that is except camping. Camping? Yes, camping. So we decided to have an indoor campout. We set up a tent using some blocks and a sheet, drove our little ride on motorcycle and plane through the house, packed up pretend food from the play kitchen, packed their little pack packs with pillows and blankets and "headed out". We built a "fire" out of building blocks to cook out play food (later we tried out the real fireplace). we "slept" in out tent, went fishing (played our fishing game we have), and sang camp songs. Wee even finished with hot chocolate and a piece of candy "smores". And you know what? It was good. Not one fought. Everyone was calm. Everyone even...get this...napped!!!! It was a wonderful day. We can't do it everyday, but at least it happened once. When Francis got home, we had parent's night out. We kept Hannah one last time but dropped off the boys at church. They had a blast. As we were heading to church I got the mail and realized there was a big official looking packet for the previous owner of our house from "The City of  Bryan". Hmmm. I hopped in the car with the mail and we took off. Well...our first dinner date plan did not work out so we ended up at a place called Paolo's that I've been really wanting to try. It did not disappoint and was a perfect birthday date. A thought occurred to me while we were there that this restaurant is owned by the previous owners of our house. I asked the waitress if it would be weird if I dropped off the packet for them here. she was awesome and got the GM to take the packet. They might have thought I was bonkers, but they didn't let on and seemed very grateful. We will be going back again.

Last night was a big night. It was the first time I really left Hannah (as in I wasn't nearby if needed). Francis took all 3 kids for the first time so I could go to a ladies night and do crafts. It's hard to do crafts one handed when holding a baby. Aaaand...it went great! Francis is becoming a pro. All the kids were down when I got back except Hannah who was right on schedule and ready to eat. I was very impressed and had a good time while gone. God is good.

Speaking of God being good, we had an adventure in the middle of the night last night. I woke up just after 4 hearing Francis phone go off. there was a storm raging outside. I got up and found Francis staring at the TV. We were under a tornado warning. They had not confirmed the tornado was actually on the ground, but they could see what looked like one on the radar. And it was heading toward us. Francis prepared the bathroom and got the boys while I got Hannah. Miraculously, none of the kids woke up and slept soundly on pillows on the bathroom floor. We all got in just in time for the power to go out. I prayed hard for a few minutes, nearly crippled by the adrenaline rushing through me at this early wake up call. I imagine this is sort of how the disciples felt in the storm while Jesus slept. Then I opened my email and saw an email from a missionary in India asking us to pray for them. I started praying for India and my fears calmed. I knew that if God had control of India, he had control of the storm here too. Although I didn't know how the night would end, I knew there was a heavenly Father who loves me and I could rest in Him. Well, we are fine. The power came back, the kids slept through it (William woke up for about 5 seconds to ask what was going on and then he went right back to sleep on the floor), and everything is fine. But even if it wasn't, He is good. Thank you Lord for your provision.

Please pray for me. I leave for Dallas on Friday and I am a bit anxious. I haven't been up there since the accident and the flashbacks still come when I least expect them. I know it will all be ok. As I said above, God is good. He is using this to stretch me.

The kids are great. Happy, healthy and generally thriving. So happy that all of those things are true.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment