Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8, 2015

On Thursday I will officially have a 2 year old Robert! He's gotten so big, even these last few weeks. he's talking more, communicating his opinions more and interacting with his family and friends so much more cooperatively. He loves life, his family, and all things boy (read: dirt, super heroes, trains, trucks, rough housing, etc.). Robert is independent when he wants to be. I need to put a lock on the pantry and fridge because he helps himself when he sees fit and I've had to modify dinner plans because he's eaten part of it. His smile will light a room and get him most anything. I can't wait to see what the next year holds!

Hannah is growing like crazy. I may have already mentioned she has outgrown newborn clothes, and many of the 0-3 month clothes are getting snug. She is awake more, getting control of her head and hands and is starting to interact with us more intentionally. When she thinks I'm going to put her down, she grabs my hair or shirt and makes noises to tell me she is not pleased with my decision. She coos at the boys and her daddy, The most exciting thing for me is, Hannah is starting to social smile! It started Friday night (she turned 6 weeks Friday). I looked at baby girl and she smiled at me with a cheesy grin. Now she smiles occasionally but not like this. I thought maybe it was a fluke. I waited and smiled at her a bit later and got the same toothless grin. I got super excited and called Francis over. She did it again when he smiled at her. Eeee! It was so cute!!! She's been doing it since then, but I have yet to get a picture. It'll happen one of these days.

Lest you think I have forgotten William, He started Phillips PreK yesterday. He helped select his math curriculum this year and chose Star Wars. After our trip to Toys R Us on "Force Friday" a few days ago, it's been Star Wars talk almost non stop. Anyway, we got three books this year (math, reading an gt enrichment) to go along with the science stuff we already have. William exceeded my expectations and did at least a couple pages in each book in less than 20 minutes. Last year it took 30 minutes to just do 2 pages. I'm excited for this year and so is he!

Francis parents came in on Saturday and we spent the morning and afternoon with them hanging out, shopping and completing various tasks (Francis now has a couple storage units in the back yard). Cyndy, Chris, and Abby spontaneously joined us Saturday evening for Robert's Birthday dinner. Robert chose Texas Roadhouse. He got to sit on the sawhorse while the restaurant wished him a happy birthday. Then back to the house we all went to play, chat and have cake. Such a fun day!

We are settling in here. Starting Thursday, things really kick in for the fall.  I miss Austin still, but everyone here has been wonderful. It has truly made the transition easier. Other than closets, we only have 6 boxes out (all in our bedroom) left to be unpacked. We still have to hang a lot of things. Francis did a wall collage of all the kids photos at different ages, and that has done wonders for my morale. He's awesome, that Francis. He said his first week went well and he likes what he's doing. I can see the light coming back into his eyes and it makes my heart so happy to see him so animated. This journey is hard, but he's totally worth it.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment