Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015

Midway through September. We've been in our house about a month now. The 6 pesky boxes are still creeping around (I will try to deal with them this weekend) and not all of the pictures are hung, though we have made great progress on that front. I suppose you could call this our home now.

The boys rooming together has been a mixed bag. They are loving it. It's the boys' room and they like it that way. It has made bed time and nap time difficult though. To be fair, they were already hard to begin with. We are going on day 2 of no nap after fighting for 2 hours on Monday to get an over tired Robert to lay down long enough to pass out. Not sure where to go from here on that front. Today they have to play quietly in their room, but that's not working out either. I need some wisdom! I also have mixed feelings about being in a 1 story house. Everything is closer, whichis good for laundry and transporting stuff and people, but it also means that sound that would previously not have been an issue (like us watching TV at night) can cause a disturbance if we aren't careful. It's not bad, jsut different.

Last Thursday we had our first MOMS (aka MOPS) meeting for the year after the ladies' get to know you tea party that Tuesday night. I like my group and the meeting went well. Because Hannah was a new baby to the group, she got a gift (a onesie with a strawberry on the bum). I think it's going to be a great year.

Robert's 2nd birthday was Thursday. He had a great time at MOMS and particularly enjoyed opening his presents (a lightning McQueen remote control car) and eating his cake (red velvet). He's growing up before my eyes, and I love that I get to enjoy it full-time. I feel like he is understanding so much more everyday. He's a smart one, that kid!

William finally had his 4 year check up on Friday. I like their new doctor (Dr. Tomlin). She is nice and seems very knowledgeable. William is 41 1/2 inches tall, 39.8 lbs and passed his hearing and vision tests. He's got a healthy BMI and everything checked out developmentally (I wasn't worried). Robert's 2 year check up is this Friday as they only take one new patient at a time.

Friday night was Parent's night out at church. After dropping off the boys (we kept Hannah), Francis took me to dinner at Lugui's to finally celebrate our 7th anniversary. Afterward we headed over to the mall. We didn't stay long though as we received a phone call that Robert had choked and thrown up. We headed over and apart from being tired (it was past his bedtime), Robert was fine. Even with the interruption, it was a good night. Thanks Francis!

Sunday William and Francis had their first AWANA meeting at Central BC. Francis is William's group leader. They both had a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing what they both learn this year in cubbies.

Tuesday I had my first Bible Study meeting at Central (we spend a lot of time up there it seems). I am looking forward to the study about goodness and grace. It finally feels like fall as everything has kicked into gear. I'm excited!

Hannah girl is almost 8 weeks already! She may or may not have rolled over the other day (I didn't see it and the boys were nearby) during tummy time, so I am on the look out to see it for myself. She still wakes up at all hours of the night, but is content to be with me and doesn't scream. She's a good baby. so glad she's mine!

The boys are in their room screaming a  the top of their lungs (they are happy but not quiet), so I will cut this short. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment