Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 29, 2015

I can't believe time is going so fast!

Francis had his first test yesterday. He said it went "ok", whatever that means. If you don't read about the results when we receive them, I'm sure he did wonderfully!

This week has been a whirlwind. Wednesday we ran out of size 4 diapers. I promised myself when we ran out, I would start up potty training with Robert again. I wasn't expecting it, but Wednesday afternoon, I realized we were out. I sucked it up and we started (we had taken a break after robert was sick a while back and then with Hannah coming and moving, we decided to wait). I am happy to report, Robert is doing great! He has no accidents on Saturday or Yesterday (He had some diarrhea Sunday afternoon) and has had no accidents today. He wakes up wet in the mornings, but other than that, he goes on the potty. This is one happy momma!! I feel like I say this all the time, but Robert is talking more and more. Last night William and Robert both picked up play phones and talked back and forth forever. It was so cute! Robert is gaining more words all the time, answering questions and generally making his desires known. So big!

Speaking of big, Hannah had her 2 month checkup on Friday after turning 2 months on Thursday. She was 11 lbs 14 oz (she's now over 12 lbs.), 24in and has a big head like the rest of our clan (smartie!). So, she's a little above average weight, but super long. She got her immunizations and the doctor was particularly impressed by her head control and calmness. Francis and I both agree that Hannah is the most mellow baby we've had. Don't get me wrong, all our babies have been happy, but she's just generally chill. I have been taking her into Bible study, Sunday School and MOMs group, and she just sits and watches or sleeps. Everyone says how relaxed she is. She doesn't realize what a gift she is giving her momma right now. She balances m 2 high energy boys. I love my family!

I am settling into College Station faster than expected. I know I'm different than the last 2 times I moved. I am more confident and friendly, and forgive people's perceived coldness because it likely isn't personal. Overall people have been more than friendly though, they have been downright welcoming. God has divinely placed these people in my life, and I am truly grateful. The kids are making friends and love their classes at church. Some days are rough, but I don't feel completely isolated as I have when newly moving in the past. I loved Austin, and I am loving College Station. God is helping me be content wherever he puts me, and I am thankful that he cultivating that quality in me.

William just came in to have a chat (he didn't nap). Guess I should go! Looking forward to all his little mind has conjured up while "resting". Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment