Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8, 2015

Happy Easter! He is risen! It's been a busy week.

Last Wednesday, the boys and I drove to Brenham to meet up with Cyndy and Angel (and cousin Abby and Ranger) to take a tour of the Blue Bell factory and take some pictures. Before our tour, the kids did a mini Easter egg hunt on the lawn thanks to Cyndy. They loved it. The kids were so good during the tour, with the older three holding hands for much of the time as they walked through. Robert wanted to see in every window and kept stopping to ask me to pick him up or climbing up to stand on the stroller to see. He didn't want to miss a thing. After sampling ice cream at the end and then a picnic lunch, we headed to a nearby field and took some bluebonnet pictures. They turned out cute! I am sad we had to say goodbye, but all fun things eventually come to an end.

Thursday morning we packed up and headed to Tyler for Easter camping with my family and my parents' Sunday School class. We've been doing this for over 20 years (I think) and it such a blessing to see all of God's creation around you while you celebrate the new life that was made possible through Jesus Christ. We had a lot of fun. The boys liked playing in the dirt, roasting and eating marshmallows, looking at the water, riding in the row boat, watching the water, fishing, and generally exploring. Robert did manage to fall in head first off the fishing dock (which made my heart stop), but thanks to Danielle catching Robert by the shoe, and a wonderful stranger who dove in after him, all is well. Robert was shook up and a little water logged, but he recovered after some fresh clothes and a lot of love.

We did an Easter egg hunt on Saturday with the boys, which was a big success. The boys liked getting eggs and especially liked the toys, stickers and candy inside. Saturday night we ate at our traditional Mexican food joint, Mercado's. It was good and I was so stuffed when we got back to the campsite. That nigh it started to rain, and rain and rain and rain. It rained out our  Easter morning service (which was sad as we had such perfect weather for the Friday night service). Our tent got flooded and we had to bring back everything in it wet. We made it back though, and other than Francis who rolled his ankle, we were no worse for wear. It was a good trip and one that will go down in the history books.

Last night, Robert got on the potty and peed before bath...sooo I guess we are starting potty training. He went a little on the potty this morning, but I'm still waiting for more data points to see if he is really ready. He's seem interested for a while, but other than a few random occurrences, this is the first time he's gone on the potty, and without any prompting. I was going to wait until after Hannah was born and the dust had settled, but it seems Robert may have a different timeline. He's only 18 months old. My kids always seem to be ready for this before I am.

I had a check up today, and everything seems great. Hannah had a strong heartbeat and is kicking away all the time. She's as active as her brothers, which is good, because she'll need tons of energy to keep up with them. It will be so exciting. I wish I had more to report on my appointment, but other than I'm measuring a week small (yay!, first time ever that's happened to me!), the appointments are brief as I don't have any real issues or questions. I'm hardly a pro, but I know mostly what to expect. I'm sure baby girl will find some way to surprise me yet!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment