Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April 14, 2015

Quite a week we've been having.

Robert has been having some success with potty training. He's yet to poo on the potty this week, but he is going pee at least a couple of times a day. He is hot or cold on the issue of potty training and his opinion changes greatly throughout the day. In addition to potty training, Robert decided Wednesday that he was done with is crib/toddler bad and was moving up to the big leagues: the twin bed in his room. He climbed up there that night and hasn't looked back. He stays and sleeps there all night (with the exception of last night), so it's hard to complain too much. He's getting so big! He's also developed a fascination with cars, trains, tractors and trucks. He carries the little toys cars around the house making "zooming" noises. He turns anything he can into a train and announces, "choo choo" as he pushes it around. He has a couple of toy tractors that make noise, and I hear their noises constantly. Finally, he loves the word truck and all things related to it. He'll bring me a toy truck and I'll ask him if it's a car. He'll shake his head and say, "tuck, tuck", and then giggle and go back to what he is doing. We have a couple books that have transportation themes, and he has made them a staple of his bedtime routine.

William is growing in so many ways, I don't even know what to mention. He's been contemplating marriage and kids a lot lately. He has decided on his own that he will marry a princess, move next door to me and have all his meals with me so we don't have to be apart. He also says he will be big enough to have kids someday, but right now he is a kid. Yesterday he mentioned that he believed that Robert was also going to grow up someday and get married and have kids. He's really thought this through. Slow down kid!

Last Wednesday through Sunday was the Global Impact Celebration at church. We spent that time each night hearing from different missionaries about their ministries (including those in Iraq, California, India, Africa, Austin, and more) as we sought the Lord to find our place in His story. It was so powerful to hear what Christians around the world are facing. I look forward to seeing what God does through them and us in the coming months and years. I wish I could detail what all I heard, but I'm still processing much of it. Give me time.

We have decided we might need a new car. My Escape that I love simply won't hold 3 car seats, or even 2 car seats and a booster, so we have to evaluate our options. I am trying to be reasonable in this process, but the thought of shopping and negotiating for a new (or even a new to us) car stresses me. It will be fine, I just don't enjoy the sales-pitch-while-I'm-trying-to-think problem.

Hannah is kicking away, by the way. Anytime she hears anything, she tends to react, but even more so to the voices of the boys and Francis. She is particularly active at night. I'm hoping this is not a sign of things to come!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment