Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015

I sat down to write this, but as soon as I did. both boys immediately got up to play, so I'll make this quick!

We bought a new car on Saturday. After shopping seriously last Saturday, as well as Thursday (thanks mom, for babysitting!) and Friday night, we finally took the plunge and bought a 2015 Toyota Sienna. It was a very long process, but the boys and the dealership were both great. The manager actually took pity on us (as we had been there a long time the night before and had now been there from 10am-2pm) and fed us lunch as he had gotten extra for the employees. We finally left around 2:30 in our new car. We really like it and all the features. I still don't like the "v" word (van), but we are finding the room a nice commodity.

Monday morning, I woke up with a stomach ache. I didn't eat much breakfast. I tried to go about my day, but by nap time (even after skipping lunch), it was bad. I knew something was wrong. William told me his tummy was upset too. I thought he was just being sympathetic. After nap, the nausea turned to vomiting and diarrhea. I called Francis and begged him to come home so the boys wouldn't catch it, but as soon as Francis arrived, William started throwing up too. Then Bella the dog started throwing up. Francis and Robert (and Lucy the dog) were just fine. It was then that we realized that food poisoning was the culprit. William and I had had one pizza Sunday night while Francis and Robert had shared a different one. William had accidentally fed some to Bella in the course of dinner. Aaaand, the rest is history. We all stopped throwing up shortly before 7pm, but were so spent that dinner was not on our priority list. We woke up Tuesday feeling weak, but fine and returned to normal eating by Tuesday night. I did call the pizza place to let them know. They offered a store credit, but it will be a little while before we eat there again, to say the least.

In happy news, I was surprised by my ladies at Bible Study this morning by an outpouring of love. These ladies brough diapers, wipes, gifts and books for sweet Hannah. Some of them may never get to meet her (as next week is our last meeting), but they showered her with gifts anyway. It is so powerful to see God's love in action, especially when you are the recipient of that love. I have no words to thank them, but I am truly grateful.

Well, the room behind me it now trashed with toys, so I have to go! The boys are great and Hannah is kicking away. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment