Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31, 2014

I have to make this brief for the day is quickly slipping by and I still have so much to accomplish.

Robert's word of the day is, "Bella" but it sounds more like "buhh". He is chasing her around (poor Bella) and pointing at her saying it over and over and then looking to me for encouragement (which I happily give). He is trying to say new words all the time, but most of them sound somewhat indiscernible from the others. Keep up the good work, kid!!!

William has a wicked cough. The Dr. confirmed he has Fall asthma just like his mom and that we have to up our nebulizer treatments to three times a day. I am sad for my kiddo but I can totally sympathize. This time of year it feels like someone is always sitting on my chest. I'm ready for the first freeze so whatever it is that causes this dies!!

We went tot he pumpkin patch in Bastop last Saturday with Francis's parents and Cyndy, Chris and Abby. It was a good pumplin patch, but it was just too hot and we all ended up coming back to the house to wait for Francis to get off work (his last saturday to work!) so we could do October birthdays! It was a truly delightful time and it was even better when Francis arrived. I was sad when the door closed (as I usually am) and we had no more company.

Monday was Francis's last Monday off so we went to the park by the Thinkery (can't remember the name) and just relaxed soaking up sun and sweet fresh air. Today the boys and I went back to the same area to go to the Thinkery (children's museum). There were so many Halloween events that no one was there. I mean the place was nearly empty and we had entire rooms to ourselves. It was amazing and we spent 3 1/2 hours there without me having a panic attack. It's usually so crazy that I start to panic within an hour over the number of people and not being able to reach Robert or William. If it were always like this, we'd go every day.

I have to get everything set up for us to attend Fall Fest at Church tonight. I'm excited, but I do wish I could also be here to pass out candy and make connections with some of my neighbors. I'm hoping we'll get back early enough to still see some trick-or-treaters. We leave for college station tomorrow just for the day, and I need to pack for that also. And I need to make the house clean in case we do have trick or treaters. And now Robert is awake. So much to do!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment