Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7, 2014

Another Full week. I won't go into all the details, but here are a couple highlights:

The day trip to College Station was a success. William and Robert got to see A&M campus and Francis and the men had fun at the game. Tracy, her kids, her mother-in-law, Audrey, the boys and I went to Chick-fil-a and a Harvest Festival while Francis, Dave, his father, Andrew, Gershom, and Francis's Dad enjoyed a nail biter of a football game at Kyle Field. A good time was had by all. 

William can now tell his right from his left. He's been doing it for about a month now with complete accuracy. He says things like, "I have an ouchie on my right knee", or "mommy you just turned left in the car" or "I'm going to put my shoe on my left foot using my right hand" and he is always right. I'm not sure I'm even that good. It's impressive. 

Robert continues to talk more and more. He is becoming a very adept climber as well. We have moved a second stool into the kitchen for him to stand on while I make food. He stands on it and watches me, eager to help like William does. He can climb on the couch and even on our bed now, which I find very impressive. He still prefers to be held (after all, the view is better), but when that is not an option, he climbs to the highest point he can. I am just hoping he doesn't fall, because I can't keep him off everywhere. 

Today we went to the mall with Arlene and Caitlyn, and Angel and Ranger. My two pregnant friends. I am so blessed to know them and see their families grow. It was a great morning and it's simple days like this that I treasure. 

I...I have a lot on my mind, but I am choosing to be content in the moment. In this moment, all is right with the world. My boys are sleeping, Francis is hard a work (though I know he loves being home better, which makes my heart happy), and I have a quiet moment. All the rest, well, I will have to leave at the feet of my Savior. He is what I can never be, and without Him I come up empty. 

That is really all it comes down to.

No comments:

Post a Comment