Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 16, 2014

If Francis weren't having a guy's (birthday) party tonight at Top Golf, I might not have gotten in a post this week. Today is Francis's birthday. Happy birthday, my Love! It's been a good day and week, and Francis being around has made it even better.

Francis has had off Monday, Tuesday and today from work (he did have to work Saturday). That means that this calendar week, he will only work Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We've had fun with him here! They boys love it when he's home. Francis took William on a Daddy-son date to the rink again on Monday. William is getting used to that time and will be very bummed when November hits and Francis goes back to regular schedule. William is turning into a pretty competent skater. As Francis said, "Yeah others were going faster, but they were older and hugging the wall. William went far from the wall with no fear and made it across the rink multiple times without falling." Proud of my boys! Speaking of pride, Francis is becoming quite the handy man. After taking William to his Little Gym class Tuesday (per William's request), Francis fixed leaks in two of our showers and upgraded our shower head in the master bath. I am so impressed. And don't forget about  Robert! He has a new favorite word and he is using it so well. It's "bye bye". He does it and waves as he leaves the room. He first did it really clearly to Angel on Wednesday, but tonight he said his first sentence as he was hugging William goodnight. He said "bye bye bruh (brother)." I thought it was a fluke but he said it three times and then pointed to William and said "Bruh". He has also started to say "up" when he wants me to pick him up. My little talker!!!

The boys and I decorated Francis's cake yesterday (he chose carrot cake). It was so fun! I got a bunch of sprinkles and let the boys go to town. William was very methodical right down to the blue icing border and heart on top. Robert wanted it to be a cake smash and kept sticking his hand in everything and eating the evidence. I am so blessed.

The morning we got up and made Francis breakfast in bed. The kiddos and I then headed off to Bible Study to give Francis some alone time, but we came back in time to make him lunch (hot ham sandwiches, one of his favorites). After nap we opened presents. The boys got him some models that they are going to build together and some one of a kind artwork. I got him a leaf blower/sucker/mulcher. He said he likes all his gifts. We then had the cake which was delicious! Francis chose Red Lobster for dinner, and is now at Top Golf with some buddies hitting some balls. I think that's a pretty good day and I hope he does too. I love you honey!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment