Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7, 2014

Life keeps moving around the Phillips' household. There's never a dull moment.

Robert is moving every which way, running as much as he's walking, and getting all the scrapes, bumps, and bruises expected of a young explorer/adventurer. Right now he's learning by trial and error. Mommy saying don't do that is just not good enough. Robert is finding a new set of experiments to try each day, much to my delight (and sometimes my dismay at the result to my carpet or nice things), but his favorite item of exploration is definitely the toilet paper roll. If he can get his hands on one (we can't put them on the holders and must keep them up high), there's no telling the amount of shredding, wetting and general mayhem that will occur. It's the wet part that he likes best, but it grosses me out to no end. He isn't dipping it in the toilet (thank goodness!), he's mostly trying to eat it or put it in the shower. His ever present smile makes it hard to get onto him, which I know he uses to his advantage. He'll crawl over to something he shouldn't have/do, smile at me and do it in slow motion just to see how long it will take for me to get there to stop him. He does this daily with the dog water. I'm convinced if I were not in the room, he'd have nothing to do with the dog bowls, but as soon as I come into veiw, it's a swimming pool! Such a cutie pie! I am (still) learning to enjoy the bumps with the smooth patches, as the bumps give our life and family character. The BEST NEWS of it all is that as of Thursday, William and Robert both slept through the night for the first time ever. Robert has never done that before, and William only on occasion, so to have it happen the same night was amazing! Sleep for all!!! Since then Robert and William have been more or less sleeping through the night every night with only 1 or less wake ups each night. Friday night the boys and I slept a full 12 hours. I was sick, but I was thankful that the boys let me recuperate without interruption.

William is getting funnier all the time. He knows it too. Just yesterday Francis and I were talking about what to make for dinner. I had spent all afternoon cleaning while Robert slept and Francis took William ice skating so the kitchen was actually clean. William, as if reading my mind says, "Oooooor we could go to Wing Stop!" It's one of my favorite restaurants, but we haven't eaten there in at least a couple months so I don't where that even came from. William then turns away from Francis looks at me and winks! I laughed so hard! I said, "You know mommy likes that place, don't you!" He said, "Yep and then the kitchen can stay clean too!" He's a smart (and in this instance wisely manipulative) kiddo! We did end up deciding to eat out only to find out my car wouldn't start. The good news is it happened when Francis was home and the auto shop was still home so we were able to jump it and get it to the shop before they closed. Thanks William! We'd have had such a hard time dealing with it if we had found out after Francis left for work this morning. Counting my blessings for sure! William also has started making up his own music. The song last night went something like, "An orange aardvark, not red, not yellow, not green, not blue, not purple, oh nooooo, it's an orange aardvark!" I wish you could hear the tune. It was cute and I could tell he was making it up on the spot. He also told me I was a "cutie patootie" today. So charming!

We went to the pumpkin patch last Friday with a bunch of ladies and kiddos from church. It was so fun! We fed the goats, went on a hayride, went through a corn maze, jumped on a bounce pillow and picked out a pumpkin of our very own. The boys and I rode with Angel and her boy Ranger, and on the way home we assumed the boys would nap. We were so wrong! Ranger and William sang songs, played some ispy, pretended to sleep and eventually Angel and I gave up and bought them slushes when we stopped by Sonic. It ended up working in my favor though, since the boys both slept 12 hours that night, so yay!

That's it for now. I need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment