Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 25, 2014

I'll make this as brief as I can. It's been a hectic and at times, very frustrating week. We have had VBS going on this week, and it feels like everything is happening now to distract me from doing His work. I have had one great helper in my room, Krystina, who has been helping me keep from jumping off the cliff. Our kids are also wonderful, which makes loving them easy and sharing the truth about Jesus a joy. So whats wrong? Well, things like I spend a bunch of time preparing, and then I forget my lesson plan at home and have to scramble to get a copy of the Bible story. But most of the things have been going wrong at home. We switched our TV provider to be able to bundle it with our internet, and the wifi and DVR are yet to be up and running after two multi hour visits from service men. A third one is coming soon and will hopefully fix the problem. All of our devices including our printer run on wifi which make it hard to print my lesson plans. Then our refrigerator is sending out what I believe to be black mold along with the water in the water dispenser. A serviceman is coming in a little bit to look at it. I hope it is an easy fix. Our minifridge that was upstairs, we discovered had black mold all in it, so we had to toss it outside, trailing black mold and water all across the upstairs and down the stairs....which meant I had to clean all my carpet before putting the boys to bed. So....nothing major is wrong, but all of this (as well as a myriad of other things) added up over a short period when I am already stressed out from directing a room is too much. I need a vacation.

William is enjoying VBS. After the first day, he was promoted to the 3-year-old room which means he gets to so all the VBS activities. He loves being a big kid! He tells me all he is learning about Jesus and sings me the VBS songs. He's getting so big!

Robert most enjoys the buggy rides at VBS. He likes watching all the children do all the fun activities. Robert has mastered crawling while holding objects and enjoys transporting things across the house. He also is standing for longer and longer periods. He stood unassisted for 30 seconds yesterday while contemplating taking a step. He ended up sitting down instead. He's getting close! Robert also had his 3rd tooth come in this morning. His 4th tooth does not look too far behind so I will keep you posted.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment