Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014

Quite a week!

Robert is my little cruiser, and he is getting fast enough crawling properly that he can follow me around the house with ease. At least twice this week I have set him down by his toys, walked in the next room to grab something and turned around and almost tripped on him as he was right at my heels! He says mama whenever I am out of sight, and likes to keep constant tabs on me. his new word seems to be "up". He hasn't done it quite enough times for me to be positive that he is doing it on purpose, but he has said it while reaching up to me many times. He has also told William "no!" when William took a toy from him, but that was an isolated incident. It's so fun to see him communicate. He loves waving and giving high fives. He also follows many simple commands like, "stop" and "get that out of your mouth", but only when it suits him. Robert smiles and laughs constantly and still doesn't like to sleep anywhere but on me. I have to let him cry when I put him to bed, but if I do it right, it usually lasts less than 2 minutes.

William is all energy and imagination. He is constantly on the move and making up stories. I've never seen a child with so much energy. I set up part of my room for VBS yesterday, and for 3 hours, William ran around non stop with some of the other workers' kids. It was the first time I've let him run "free range" for that long and I was astounded that he was ready and able to go to the grocery store just fine afterward. On a side note, William got into no trouble for those three hours and the children's building is still standing. I am so glad I could trust him (and the other kids for that matter, especially two older girls) to make good choices. I would never have gotten as far as I did otherwise!

This past weekend we celebrated Father's Day. I am sad I was unable to spend it with my own father, but I loved getting to hand out with the daddy at my house (Francis) as well as my in-laws and Cyndy, Chris and Abby. Francis's parents came in town Friday night. Saturday morning we went to a local park and played in a splash pad. After lunch, Cyndy, Chris and Abby arrived and we all went to a local pool. William and Abby LOVED the water slide and got all of the adults to ride with them at least once. William also liked the lazy river portion, but Abby was all slide, all the time! Robert splashed and crawled in the shallow area, and played with some of the sprayers when it suited him. Robert also liked hanging out in the deeper part while I held him so he could kick and splash. He's got the makings of a swimmer! We opened presents and had dinner at BJs before everyone headed home. It was a great day!

Sunday was Father's Day and I made cinnamon rolls with William for Francis to eat while he opened his gifts. We got Francis an indoor skydiving gift certificate, a board book with pictures of him and Robert (similar to the one of him and William) and a mug with pictures of Francis and the boys that reads "World's best dad". I think he liked them. We had lunch at Rudy's after church and then I made lasagna (Francis's favorite) for dinner. I hope he felt appreciated because he's amazing!

I'm gearing up for a very busy couple of weeks starting tomorrow when I'm scheduled to go to Sea World with Arlene and Caitlyn. Next week is VBS and the following week we will be heading to Dallas. It's definitely summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment