Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful adventures we have had these past two weeks. It has truly been amazing.

We finished off VBS week before last on Friday. William had an amazing time and learned so much! I am so thankful for his wonderful teachers who taught him God's word and made it fun in the process!

Immediately after VBS, we headed to Plano, managing to have dinner with my in-laws, parents, and Danielle before my dad left for Europe the next morning. It was a wonderful time. Francis and I have talked a lot lately about what a wonderful family we have. We are both so blessed to have parents, siblings and their spouses and children who are amazing, live our kids and who are so fun to be around! I think our family may just be the most awesome ever, but I am a bit biased!

Saturday, Francis, the boys and I went to LegoLand with my mom, Danielle, Gershom, Kristi and their two girls. It was so fun. William got to ride a ride "like the Buzz Lightyear ride" and he couldn't get enough. He shot all the bad guys and had a blast. Robert loved the big rubber legos, and all the kids and adults really enjoyed themselves. William swam almost every day this past week and Saturday was no exception. My little fish is a great swimmer and he is very confident in his ability. That's my boy!

Sunday we went to church and spent some time with Brandon and his new bride Bethany before Francis had to leave and head back to Austin for work. The boys (and I) were sad to see him go, but having so much family on hand and so much to do made the time fly by! My grandparents (Jamama and Japapa) arrived late Sunday night and spent Monday and Tuesday hanging out with my family and the boys. I am so glad the boys were able to spend some time with their great grandparents and make some memories! We got some sweet pictures too.

Tuesday night, Angel and Ranger arrived (as Austin is already staying at my in-laws for the summer) and a 5 day play date began for William and Ranger. From more or less dawn until bed time, the two were inseparable. It was adorable. Wednesday we went back to LegoLand with Ranger and Angel. William showed William all the cool stuff to do, and Ranger in turn taught William how to sing all the time (William has previously almost never sung, but not anymore and I love it!). We then had Avenger's training in the Disney Store where the boys learned some cool fighting moves, and after lunch in the food court at Grapevine Mills Mall, we did the Aquarium to round off the afternoon. The boys all three passed out in the car, so we drove around for an hour before heading back, even whispering into the drive thru at Sonic to get some drinks! Hey, mommies need a break too!

Thursday we hung out with my mom and Danielle and went up to Stonebriar Mall. The boys were all troopers, but they finally hit their limit and we had to take them back for naps. William slept for over 3 hours, so when he got up, we had dinner with my mom, Danielle, Kevin (her boyfriend), and my in-laws. It was nice, and helped pass the time before Francis arrived. Francis got in late that night as did Cyndy, Chris and Abby.

Friday was Independence Day! It is my favorite non-religious holiday. We all got up (the 12 people staying at the Phillips' house as well as my mom, Danielle, Kevin, Christian, Chad, and the Cotnoir family) and went to the parade in the morning. The kids got some goodies, and we all witnessed a little slice of Americana. After the parade, all 23 people headed back to the Phillips house for some BBQ and swimming. We played volleyball while the kids swam in the little pool and played in the sand. It was so fun and I haven't laughed that hard in so long. We ALL finished off the day with pizza in the parking lot and a firework display. Robert loved the fireworks and would jump around and laughed when they went off. All in all a pretty perfect day.

Saturday we got ready for Danielle's birthday party by the ladies (Cyndy, Angel and I) going and getting Abby a princess dress and all three boys a shield. The three of us then managed a lunch with only Robert, and had a glorious time chatting without interruption. We got back just in time to put all four kids down for a nap. That left the 8 adults time to play a rousing (and competitive) game of Oh Heck (or Dutch Blitz if you are Canadian). Angel won by 1 point and then Francis came in second, with me one point behind him in third. It was a good game. Well, we got up the kids and headed to Medieval Times for Danielle's birthday. We all met up with my mom, Danielle, Kevin, Chad, Christian, and Danielle's friend Sarah. The place was hopping, and the boys even got swords to go with their shields (except Robert who got a bib), and Abby got a scepter. Our knight (the green knight) won, and the food was delicious. Who could ask for more? Francis, the boys and I went back to my parents' house for cake and presents before calling it a night. Did I mention how much I love our family? Because I really do!!!

Robert gave Danielle the best birthday present. HE TOOK HIS FIRST STEP! Right after we sang and had cake in my mom's kitchen, Robert wanted me and Francis let go of him and he took a step in my direction. My heart nearly flew out of my chest. I was so excited Francis was there to see it! We have a walker!!!! Or at least a stepper. It won't be long before he's running. Watch out world, he's coming!!!

Yesterday we went to church, had lunch and headed home. It was such an enjoyable trip and I hate that it is over. But I am glad to be back in my own house and bed.

Now, back to reality!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment