Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13, 2014

What a big, wonderful week!!!

Happy Mother's Day! I not only had one day, but a whole weekend of Mother's Day festivities. Francis and the boys spoiled me and I loved every minute of it. But I'm getting ahead of myself!

Last Wednesday was our last MOPS meeting. It was a great year, and I will miss our meetings because I always learn something important! Thursday, Arlene and I went shopping at the mall with our kiddos and Angel and Ranger met us for lunch. I love these ladies and so any time with them is time well spent! Friday morning, Arlene, Morgan and I had a picnic with our kids at the All Abilities Park and fun was genuinely had by all, though it was getting a bit on the hot side by the time we left.

Friday night was the last Parents' night out at church until after summer. After dropping off the kids, Francis took me to Estancia Churriscuria (a Brazilian Steakhouse) for a wonderful meal and he presented me with a gorgeous necklace/pendant. I told him never to get me jewelry, but this one is very pretty! Saturday morning, I was able to sleep in a little, while Francis and William made cinnamon rolls. Delicious! The Francis and William ran a bunch of errands (I mean a bunch) while Robert and I cleaned up the house a little. We all met for lunch at Phil's Ice House where William was able to run around and play on the playground. After lunch, I got to go shopping with just Robert and found a couple of shirts (yay!) followed by a glorious nap for everyone but Francis back at the house. For dinner, we had Indian food (which we rarely have because Francis doesn't much like it), so I didn't have to cook!

Sunday morning, Francis got up before the sun rose, and went to get kolaches for me, and the boys served me breakfast in bed. I got some sweet cards, and another necklace from William (this one was 2 hearts).After an amazing church service, we had lunch at Outback Steakhouse where there was NO WAIT! What are the odds? After the boys napped, we talked to my mom, Francis's mom, and his Nana Phillips in Montreal, wishing all of them a very happy day. It was the best Mother's Day ever. The only thing that could have made it better, was being with all of the "mothers" (mom, mother-in-law and grandmothers) that I hold so dear. I love you all!

Yesterday was Little Gym Day. I signed the boys up for next year, and with William being free since he won the grand prize, and Robert having the sibling discount, both boys cost only $600 for the year! Now that's a deal!

Today, we finally applied for Robert's passport. I was a little nervous that I would forget some of the paperwork (we had to go all the way back to the house when we did William's), but everything was smooth and the woman even remarked how rare it is that everything is filled out properly. So, we should have his passport in the next 4 weeks. Yay!

William is turning into more of a almost 3-year-old each day. He is becoming more and more independent, as well as more and more opinionated. It's fun to hear him talk and learn, but some of our conversations end up with us having to agree to disagree. He has a mind of his own, and I am glad he is using it!

And the biggest news! Just before putting the boys down for a nap, Robert did what I would call his first legitimate crawl forward! He did it a couple of times, but I was unable to get a good video. Hopefully I can get one this evening. He was thrilled to finally go in the direction he desired without having to roll. army crawl, or turn around after scooting backwards. Where was he headed, you ask? He crawled over to turn on the Bluray player. He's a mess! A cute, lovable, crawling mess!

Well, that's it for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment