Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21, 2014

I'll try to keep this short.

Both boys are sick, and I feel a bit fatigued myself, though I am not sure if that is due to lack of sleep or actual illness. Robert keeps spiking a fever and William juts started a low grade fever a couple of hours ago. When it rains, it pours I guess.

Last Wednesday Angel, Ranger, the boys and I went to Story time at Barnes and Noble. Nothing much to report except it is always good to get out of the  house. Thursday the boys and I met Arlene and Caitlyn on 35 and we took a drive up to Waco to go to the zoo there for the day (about an 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive). We met Arlene's roommate from college and her kids there and it was a lovely day. William loved seeing all the animals, and he and Robert were both so tired that they slept almost the whole way back. It was great!

Friday I drove to check out a park near by and realized I'd been missing out on a treasure! The Northeast Metro Park by us has a bunch of playgrounds, a splash pad and a skate park. Who knew? The boys and I played on one of the playgrounds before heading home. Saturday morning, we took Francis back to the park and played on a different playground (both were covered with shade), before having lunch at Freddy's custard. If that weren't enough fun, we met up with the Davis's after nap and went to Austin's Park for the afternoon/evening. It's a small theme park with mini golf, a few rides, race cars, laser tag and video games. It was so fun. Angel and I played laser tag and even though I was wearing a white shirt, I still came in 3rd (of 20)! Yay me!!

Sunday after church, a VBS meeting, and a nap, we went back to the Metro park and had a picnic dinner as a family. Francis flew kites both days he was there much to William's delight. The weather was perfect and it was so wonderful to be outside.

Monday, Robert started acting funny and had a runny nose. That night he spiked a fever of almost 102. I took him to the doctor yesterday and in addition to whatever cold he has, he had an ear infection. So more antibiotics...yay... He's still running a fever and miserable. It makes me want to cry that he can't get comfortable.

Today, William has just come down with the same thing. So...I am going to go take a nap if I can, because it is likely to be a long night. Please keep us in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment