Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 19, 2014

I'm going to have to make this as brief as possible since I have a lot of things to do!

Last Friday, the boys and I cleaned downstairs of the house in the morning. William was so good and helpful! I did as much as I could and then we headed anywhere William wanted. He chose the aquarium. It was fun to see the new animals they have now. William got to pet one of their new lizards and he loved that. Well, as we were leaving it started to get really crowded. It wasn't bad when we arrived, but when we exited the door, the line was out the door and down the entire length of the strip mall. We had GREAT timing! We headed to the mall for lunch and I again let William and Robert play on the machines that require coins. Fun was had by all!

Saturday morning, Francis's parents came up for the day and we had a blast! We had lunch at Chick-fil-a (always a winner), then the boys played with Nana and Grandad at Safari Champ while I took a rest in an armchair. Francis did a little of both. After Safari Champ, we went to the outlet mall and bought Francis and Robert some shoes (Francis's tennis shoes were falling apart). We capped off the day with some kite flying and a dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse to celebrate Francis's promotion. Oh yeah, I may not have mentioned this on here. A couple of weeks ago Francis got promoted at work for his excellence on the job, but we've had to keep it under our hats till now. So, yes, I have the best most wonderful husband who works hard. And his boss and other notice and value his work. YAY. His official title is "E3" now, and he is one of the fastest people to ever get that rank. He's a keeper!!!!! Oh, and on a sadder note, we had to take back the cars bike back Saturday night because the chain wasn't working right (which is why William couldn't pedal). William now has an Iron Man bike with a button that makes a super cool sound. He couldn't be happier now, but it was hard at first for him to get what was happening.

Sunday was relaxing, and Monday was Gym day. Really not a lot to report.

Yesterday afternoon, I took Robert for his 6 month check up and he is growing! Everything was within normal range, and she was impressed at his head control and sitting abilities. She was also very interested in how observant he is. She said he was the first kid all day to notice her shiny tutle broach. This kid's got an eye for detail! He's healthy, and that's great! I told her about his issue with baby food (he cries now when I even get out a baby spoon) and she said to take a break and just start him on solid foods with a mesh spoon (one where you put real food inside and he gnaws on it so it comes through the mesh...hard to explain...) in a month or so. She thinks (as I do) that baby food is not his thing and he will most likely skip it for the real stuff. I'm relieved she didn't say to keep at it, because it is miserable. Haven't heard back on the allergy testing yet, so I don't know the results. Poor Robert has had a fever since last night from the vaccinations. He's finally resting after a not restful night. I'm hoping the fever breaks soon because I know he is not happy. He's been up on all fours more lately and rocking back and forth. It's been fun to watch!

This morning we went to MOPS and heard ladies speak on sibling issues and how to raise children in a Godly home. It was informative and touching. I hope to apply these principles in my daily life!

That's it for now. See? Short and Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment