Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13, 2013

It's been quite a week!

Last weekend, Francis and I packed up the boys and headed to Plano for Christian's lingerie shower. What?! you may ask, but you read right. We braved the ice storm. We were ok pretty much up until we made it to Plano, where the ice was so think that we skated a couple of times. I was so relieved to reach Francis's parents house that I nearly cried. I will never do it again if I don't have to, especially with my babies in the car! The rest of the weekend I rode in my dad's truck, which was much more suited for ice driving. Saturday morning, my dad picked up Robert and me, and along with my sisters, we drove over to Ashley's house for the shower. We decked out her house and had a nice little party. It was nice to see everyone and celebrate Christian. while I was at the party with Robert, Francis, his parents and William gave William his first sledding experience in their front yard using a cookie sheet. He had a great time. I think he may have some Canadian blood or something because it was cold!  Sunday we waited until the ice began to melt and then headed home. It was weird to see everything in white melting to color. Strangely beautiful.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we went about our daily routine and tried to finish Christmas shopping. Thursday we hit up Lakeline Mall where we had lunch with Arlene and Caitlin before going to play downstairs. While William was playing, I met a Korean woman with a 4 year old girl and a 1 year old boy who live in the same neighborhood as the other Korean woman I met this summer. Both have daughters the same age, are new to the area, and are looking for friends. I gave each of them the other's number. As delighted as the woman was that I had been to Korea and could talk to her about it, she just about jumped over the moon when I told her there was a woman just down the street from her with which she had so much in common. I have a hunch they will be fast friends once they meet because they are both so sweet! Funny how things work out sometimes. Thursday afternoon, we did a Lego practice time at The Little Gym where William had a great time just goofing off with friends. Legos are just so much more fun when you can run them into your friend's Legos and you can both laugh. Boys...

Today we attended the grand opening of the Austin Aquarium. It was fun, but the Aquarium is far from fully operational. Thankfully there were few people there due to the rain and cold, so we had little competition to see the animals that were actually on display (about a 1/3 of the tanks are still empty).William loved the playground there, thought it is definitely not designed by a parent. Children come off the slide into the main aquarium area where parents can't really see them, so it would be easy for kids to get lost with more people around. We loved the bird area. One actually landed on my head. William thought that was hilarious! It pooped after it took off again, and I was thankful I did not get hit. We have season passes, and I look forward to getting our money's worth out of them as the year progresses. I wouldn't recommend paying full price for one day yet though as I don't think it would be worth it. 

William and Robert have been playing more and more together. It's adorable to see them laugh and smile at each other. I'm so blessed!

Pray for us tomorrow as we drive back and forth from Abilene for Danielle's graduation. It's gonna be a long (but good) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment