Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

I thought I would try to get in one last post before 2013 comes to a close. It's been a busy last week and a half. In fact, when the day I last posted was one of the worst I've had since William was born. I won't go into all the details, but William is definitely a two-year-old and I need to work on my coping skills, lol.

 Friday of week before last the boys and I made a third trip to the Aquarium to see all the new arrivals including the jelly fish. William had a blast as usual and even getting pooped on the head by a bird didn't dampen his spirit (he didn't even notice!). Friday evening Francis's parents came into town and Saturday morning we started the Phillips' family Christmas!

My mother-in-law and I went and bought food for fondue first thing and then she and Francis went to sell his car at a nearby dealership. Why, you ask? Because Francis got a new car for Christmas!!! I bought his dad's old car (a 2011 Mazda 6 Grand Touring) and Francis is now riding high and sitting awesome. We got a good deal too, which is icing on the cake. Anyway, Francis's sister Cyndy and her family came into town in time for lunch (Fondue!) which took the majority of the afternoon as well as opening presents. We got a lot of wonderful things, but William and Robert won't get their big gift from the grandparents (both sets) until probably March. They will be getting a Playset for the back yard. Even so, there was no shortage of gifts, love and family. It was a wonderful day that ended with driving through the Rockin' Round rock lights. Couldn't have asked for more!

Sunday, Francis, William, Robert, the dogs, and I made the 7 hour journey to Brownfield. It was a long day, but a resounding success. I have two good car babies! My grandparents (Mom and Pop) were glad to see us, and Monday they gave William a taste of farm life. Pop took the boys, Francis and me out to his friend's farm where william was able to ride in a four wheeler and DRIVE a tractor (he had some help, don't worry). Then we went down the road and saw the pigs and cows. It was a day William will talk about for year to come! The rest of my family (mom, dad christian, danielle, Aunt Camille and Chad) came in Monday afternoon an Christmas Eve Day. Tuesday night we all took pictures and attended the Christmas Eve service where the "Noble, Phillips and Drake singers" sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing on stage while William danced and Robert slept in Francis's arms. We were adorable. Afterward we had dinner, read the Christmas story and opened gifts. William and Robert cleaned up a second time. They got so much stuff! Of course the stuff doesn't matter; memories are priceless and many good ones were made. Robert's first Christmas was a good one! He had to change a bunch of times to wear all his Christmas clothes, but he didn't mind one bit. He was all smiles! Christmas day we had a feast of all feasts and then almost everyone feel asleep in a food coma. William got to feed the ducks at the pond and then after he went to bed, we played a competitive game of marbles. (We are the champions, my friend!)

Thursday we headed home and unloaded our overloaded Escape (with hitch hauler and roof rack too). the boys were good again, but William was ready to be home by the end. Friday Francis worked and I tried to get the house in order and got Francis new car fixed (the mirror got messed up in all the excitement). Oh and Robert started wearing 9 month clothes. He's getting so big I can't keep his closet updated fast enough. He'll be in and out of these before I know it!

Saturday we spent some time shopping at the mall to get clothes for everyone and after lunch everyone took a (much needed) 3 hour nap/rest. Yesterday after church my in-laws came up to have lunch and get a couple of things from us. It was fun to spend some unexpected time with them. They even helped move our huge TV downstairs to the garage so we can get rid of it and have more room for the boys' toys. That thing was not getting used and taking up a good part of the room.

Today a strange thing happened at HEB. I noticed a woman when I came in wandering around the store with no cart and not looking at any items. I saw her a couple of times while I was there, but she never had anything in her hands. When I went to check out, she wandered out of the store with nothing after shopping for over an hour. I said something to the cashier who alerted the manager. Then the woman wandered back in. The employees think she might have Alzheimer's and were going to gingerly confront her when sh came around again to make sure she was alright. They were very glad I said something, and I am too. Wasn't sure how to handle it...

Well, I'm needed, so this is the short version of what I'd really like to write. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment