Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013

I'm flying solo. I have been for the past couple of days (which is one of the reasons I haven't written). I'm doing ok, but it's tough at times. I don't feel like I'm failing miserably, and I consider the a huge win.

Last week my mother in law was here, which was AWESOME! She cooked and helped me clean my house and went with us pretty much everywhere. Thanks to her, my mom, and a few wonderful ladies from my church, I have not had to cook yet and probably won't have to for at least another couple of weeks. As this was one of the hardest things to do when William was little, it is one of the biggest blessings. My mother-in-law FILLED (and I mean FILLED) my freezer to the brim with things that either need to just be heated or require minimal effort to have a hot, healthy meal on the table. My heart is overflowing with the love that has been shown me. Well, we spent last week shopping, cooking, cleaning, and preparing for me to be alone this week. William and Robert behaved like real troopers. I only really overdid it one day, which is amazing in itself. I cried when she left, but I know she left us all well looked after. Thank you!!!

Well, My mother-in-law left Friday, so Saturday morning was our first morning with no visitors. Francis got up with William to let me rest and they made breakfast for me. William came to tell me that food was almost ready. I got up and was almost ready to head downstairs (William had already gone down) when I heard a scream of pain. I knew it was bad. William had apparently reached for something while helping Dad and lost his balance. His had (the edge of it) landed on the burner when he steadied himself. The burn was blistered and so red it hurt to look at. William couldn't stop crying. After getting him to eat a little, Francis took him to the emergency room where they diagnosed it as a 2nd degree burn and wrapped it up with meds, telling us to check back on Monday. Funny thing was that the Social worker came in (which is mandatory when children come into the emergency room with injuries) and took one look at the wound and one look at the horror on Francis's face and told him that "accidents happen" and he needs to be more careful. She could tell right away how bad he felt. She did get the story and do her job, but I think it's funny that she felt the need to comfort him. Poor Francis. I know he will be hyper vigilant in the future.

Well, my mom happened to be in town for a political meeting, and she scooped up Robert, William and I back to Dallas to give Francis a little break and let hi recover a bit for work (he's had very little sleep lately). We headed to Dallas late Saturday evening. It was Robert's first road trip and both boys did phenomenally! Roebert slept the whole way except for when he nursed and then needed to be changed. He's a great car baby!

Sunday, after church, my parents, sisters, chad, the boys and I all went to the State Fair of Texas! It was awesome! William got picked to be on stage for the World on a String puppet show, he played in the cars at the car show, he was a lion (completely adorable!) in the Backyard Circus and he loved the parade and fireworks show. Robert too was enamored with all the sites. He watched the puppet show with interest and could not take his eyes off the bright lights in the parade or the fireworks. I could tell he was confused by it all, but he watched and was fascinated by each new thing. We also got a picture with the new Big Tex. Not bad for Robert's (and Chad's) first Fair trip!

Monday, Mom, Robert and I took William to the doctor where they looked at his burn, gave us some new meds (which have been working great!) and sent us on our way. After an afternoon nap, My sweet friend, Ashley Duran came by to meet Robert.  She's one of those people who you are glad you know, and I'm so glad she got to meet my baby boy.

Tuesday mom, my boys and I went to Hillsboro Outlet Mall where I got a dress for Robert's baby dedication. After dinner, we met Francis in Waco and switch all our stuff over into his car so he could take us home and my mom could go back to plano. It was so nice of each of them to take us (halfway) home!

Wednesday was my first official day solo. I made it to MOPS on time with both boys dressed and ready, but it took sometime to find William's classroom. Everything went smoothly and I was even able to give William his lunch in the car because I knew he would be hungry before we got home. Well, I then tried to put William and Robert down for naps, which they both refused. I struggled for 2 hours before I gave up. Out of desperation at 4 I turned on the TV and fed Robert. and both boys were out in 30 seconds. They both slept for an hour and a half while I was pinned to the couch by them. Oh, the joys of motherhood.

Yesterday, I again made it to Mom's Together (a bible Study) on time with both boys ready. When I got home, William needed to go potty and missed a bit, I got him new clothes only to find ants all over his closet and clothes. I threw the ant covered clothes in the washer and started it with hot water, leaving William on the toilet yelling at me and Robert screaming to be fed. I nearly had a nervous breakdown before getting the situation contained and getting myself fed about 1:45. Quite an ordeal!

Today, Angel came over with Ranger and we had a little playdate. And now the boys are resting. Waiting for the natural disaster that will happen today, but it hasn't hit yet. I'm sure it will come ^_^

William has been an awesome Big Brother. When I picked him up from class on Wednesday, they said he had been taking care of all the baby dolls and making sure they were fed and got rest. And that's what he does at home too: he watches out for his little brother and wants to do things with him as much as possible. Robert's a good sport. I think they will be good friends.

Robert has grown so much physically this week. He is gaining weight so fast and looks less like a newborn all the time. He has pretty good head and body control for his age and is so alert and watches most everything that goes on. He cries very little and has been sleeping great at night. I can only hope this behavior will continue. It keeps me calm and pretty well rested. I truly can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment