Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18, 2013

"Mr. Smiley" is laying in my lap trying to decide whether he wants to eat or poop. My guess is he will eventually choose to do a little of both (as my father said recently, input and output). Robert's been pretty talkative today and very interactive. He and William laid on the bed earlier making faces and talking to each other. William kept laughing and Robert kept cooing. I wish I had my camera!

Robert was dedicated last Sunday at Great Hills Baptist Church. My parents, Francis's parents and my sister Danielle were all there to witness our commitment and join in the celebration. Robert looked adorable in his little suit and everything went smoothly. We walked the stage (with Robert and big brother William) and then they had a special mother's song and the dedication. William kept trying to hold/touch Robert and hug me while Francis held him, which was cute but a bit distracting. Robert slept through the whole thing and was quiet as a mouse. After church, our families, us and the Davises (Angel, Austin and their child Ranger) went out with us to celebrate at Carraba's. It was great! Robert is so well loved, and the love of his earthly family pales in comparison to the Heavenly Father's love for him. I pray he grows up knowing and valuing his worth and purpose.

Oddly enough, Francis had off Monday for Colombus day. We went grocery shopping in the morning 
(I tried out the baby Bjorn carrier Tracy lent me and LOVED it!) and then had lunch a Chick-fil-a. William would be happy living there forever, but we eventually had to leave so he could nap. Francis wanted pizza for his birthday dinner (a couple of days early), but due to the Cowboys scoring more than 20 points in football the day before and the resulting 50% off pizza, we had to wait a long time to get our order and bring it home. Francis opened one of his birthday presents early and we spent the later evening watching Iron Man 3 in 3D on our TV. It was a great day!

Tuesday I finally tried to get back to business as usual. We did Little Gym and MOPS on Wenesday. Wednesday, William and I baked and decorated a birthday cake, wrapped presents and decorated for Francis's birthday. I thawed some of Francis's mom's delicious meatloaf and heated it in the oven. William and I worked out an adorable rendition of the Happy birthday song and then everything was set for Francis to arrive. William was beyond excited, yelling surprise before Francis even entered the door. We had dinner as a family, opened presents, and ate cake. William was particularly excited about the cake. He helped sing and helped blow out the candles. Francis and I finished off the evening by watching the first few episodes of The Big Bang Theory Season 6 which Francis had received from my sister Danielle. Happy Birthday Francis!

Yesterday we did Bible Studay, came home for lunch and then had a playdate with Ashley and her daughter Harper that we met through The Little Gym. William loved playing with all the girly toys that we don't own and also loved painting pumpkins with his friends.

Today we went to the Library where we saw Angel and Ranger. They came back to our house to play and have lunch before I finally put William down for a well deserved nap. I'm feeling a bit under the weather and William has a runny nose, so hopefully a rest will do us all some good.

That's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment