Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013

Happy belated Mother's Day!

It's been a busy week here. William and I have been hanging out with people almost everyday it seems like. Thursday we went with Arlene and her daughter Caitlyn at the Round Rock outlets. We had a great time, but it started to rain (this is an outdoor mall) and I ended up running through the pouring rain carrying William, the stroller, and my purse (and Robert) for a total of 50 extra pounds... Yeah I kinda screwed up my knee for the rest of the day, but thankfully it was better by morning.

Friday, William and I went to the Lakeline Mall with Amy from across the street who is also pregnant. We went clothes shopping and I got an adorable dress for Mother's Day as well as a nice shirt for both William and Francis. After hurrying back and quickly feeding William, we went on to church for Parent's Night Out. We dropped off William and went to Iron Cactus, a nice Mexican Food restaurant. There was live music and we sat in a cozy booth. Other than the intense storm raging outside, it was very relaxing.

Saturday, Francis and William went Mother's Day shopping while I went out to lunch with Becky. It was fun getting to catch up with her and just talk without interruption. I wish we could do it more often! When I got back, Francis, William and I spent our afternoon at a splash pad where William had a ball!!! I wanted to take him to one this year before we go to Sea World in just over a week so he could be reacquainted with fountains and splashing. He was hesitant at first, but he loved it!

Sunday was Mother's Day. I got breakfast in bed (well, sort of) and opened my cards before church. They were very sweet. At church we got our photo taken and I got a red as well as a yellow rose. Francis and William took me to lunch at Carrabba's where we had no wait (amazing!). In the afternoon I got part of my present: and outdoor umbrella. Francis eventually wants to build a roof to cover the porch, but this is a great start! We had dinner at Red Robin, so I didn't have to cook! Overall a good day!

This week had been catching up on chores and errands as well as going to the Little Gym and story time at the library on Tuesday. William is getting better at sitting during story time. Eventually I think he will get it! At the Little Gym, William is mastering all sorts of skills. He loves somersaulting and will do it across the floor. He also likes the uneven bars. He'll stand on the low one and have his hands on the high one, walk down the bar while holding on, and then swing down and lift his feet in the air in front of him. His teachers (and I) are amazed. He's so strong and determined. No fear!

As for me, allergies have been horrible. Robert moves ALL the time, but other than that, I don't feel "pregnant" which is good. I am still able to get around and have a good amount of energy. I am also still able to pick up William for the time being which he appreciates at times.

I think that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment