Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012

First off, Happy Birthday to my Father-in-Law! He has reached a milestone today and we are so happy that we got to celebrate with him this weekend. Wishing him another blessed year!!!

Francis's birthday was last Tuesday. We had a great time. I made Lasagna and carrot cake (which were both delicious). I even decorated my first round cake. I was so proud of myself! Francis loved the Avengers in 3D bluray and personalized Luggage tags that William decorated. It was a great evening.

Wednesday William and I flew to Dallas to visit my family. When we landed, everyone on the plane commented on how good he was. I told them this was a walk in the park compared to the ride he took a couple of weeks ago. They were very impressed with him! When we got to my parent's house, I almost immediately left to have dinner at Chick-fil-a with Ashley Duran and Kristin Mahurin. It was so great to see them and meet Kristin's son, Connor! After dinner, William and I went to the Cotnoir's house to meet William's great Aunt Andrea and spend time with my in-laws. We had dessert and played for around an hour before we headed back to my parents house. Then Brandon Nine came over so I could meet his girlfriend over Skype. She seems very nice, and we had a good two hour conversation. William didn't end up going to bed until 10pm! He slept just fine, though and was happy the next day so I guess it wasn't too bad. It was just a busy day!

Thursday I got a hair cut (it's short again!) and my mom, William and I went shopping all over town. William is a better shopper than his dad was as a child. He's a good sport and didn't mind all the stops we had to make. We had dinner with my whole family at Taco Bell that night. It was nice to all be back together again!

Friday was a big day. We (my sisters, mom, Kristen Giles, William and I) went to the State Fair of Texas!!! When we entered the park we could see a big cloud of black smoke that kept growing and engulfed much of the fair grounds. After a short time, we found out BIG TEX had burned down!!!! I took a picture as they took away his charred remains. It made me want to cry!!! Our day at the fair was pretty good. We ate all day long, saw the Marionettes and the Birds of Prey shows, played in the petting zoo, and generally enjoyed the  fair festivities. William especially loved the Fireworks show at the end of the night. He clapped all the way through the Proud to Be an American song. It was adorable! Right before we left, some people got stuck on a 200 ft high swing and they had to call in 19 emergency vehicles to get them down. Although we had fun, I think that that date will go down in infamy in Fair history!

Saturday William and I rode down to Houston with Francis's parents to go to Dewberry Farms and see the Pumpkin Patch. We met up with Francis, his sister and her family as well as out friends Gershom and Kristi and their two little girls. It was a fun day, although I got a little sunburned! William loved the pumpkins and spent a long time trying to pick them up. They were just too heavy! We all had dinner together to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday and then we did cake and present's back at Cyndy's house. It was a great ending to a great day!

Sunday we went to church with Cyndy and Chris as well as lunch with the family before heading back home. When we arrived home, William decided to sit on the potty and go peepee! He got an M&M and that made his day. My child is growing up so fast. I'm not ready for him to be potty trained. He's my baby! He thinks he is ready though, so we are going to give it a shot. Prayers are appreciated.

I am very thankful for all my blessings. I know not everyone has all the wonderful friends and family that I have. I am praying constantly for a specific friend who is going through more than I could imagine right now. Time is so precious, and I forget that sometimes. If I haven't told you lately, I love you!!!

That's it for now. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment