Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16th, 2012

First off, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the love of my life, my sweet Francis. He turns 26 today. It feels so old and so young at the same time. We've come so far babe, and I can't wait to see what's ahead. I love you!!!

Last Wednesday I headed to Abilene with William (no Francis) to see my family and enjoy Hardin-Simmons University Homecoming. It was a blast! Wednesday was my mom's birthday, so we went out to dinner at Red Lobster where we had an adventure unlike any I've had before. I won't go into it, but it ended in William wearing a paper towel loin cloth out of the restaurant...yeah.  Thursday, my sister Danielle was crowned one of the Princesses of the Homecoming court. She looked amazing! She had the best dress by far. William kept wanting to get on stage with her and as soon as the ceremony was over, he climbed right up and gave her a big hug. It was adorable! Thursday my parents and I took William to Frontier Texas, a museum about the taming of the Wilds of West Texas. It was a lot of fun and William really enjoyed getting to walk around and experience cowboys and Indians. Thursday night we went out with my parents, Danielle, my grandparents and my Aunt Cheryl for a second birthday dinner for my mom (complete with cake) at Carino's. The cake was from McKay's and it was delicious!!!

Friday, I got to have lunch with my friend Rebecca, where we were able to catch up and spend some time together. I miss her! Friday night, Rebecca babysat so I could attend SING and see Danielle perform in the ITs. Her group won the most creative award! I am so proud of her and all she is doing.

Saturday was a big day. After running into a couple we know from College Station, I got to see a bunch of people I know including Rebecca, Crystal, Haley, Kristen and another Melissa. After attending the Education breakfast, where apparently at least a couple of my (awesome) former professors read this blog, I was able to take William to the Kid's Posse Roundup. William got to play in a ball pit, jump in a bounce house, ride a horse and put his hand print on a sign for the football team. We got caught in the rain at the end, but it was still a great time! We had a BBQ lunch and then headed with my parents and sister to the HSU football game. Danielle was introduced at half time, after which William and I decided to head home. We had a delicious dinner waiting at home made by Francis. Overall, it was a pretty perfect day. The icing on the cake? William said "sweetie!" to my mom. That's her grandma name. She's so happy!

Sunday, we went to church and we had Francis's birthday dinner at Roadhouse Steakhouse. He wouldn't let me tell them it was his birthday. Lol, he didn't want to have to sit on the sawhorse while they sang to him!

I have spent yesterday and today packing (I leave for Plano tomorrow) and preparing for Francis's birthday. I made a round carrot cake and decorated it for the first time. It turned out pretty good! And I think it will taste delicious. I am going to start making Lasagna soon. That should also be yummy! I hope Francis likes his gift!

In other news, William has decided it is time to start potty training. I'm not sure I'm ready, lol. He brought me an infant toilet seat yesterday (which I bought on a whim the other day because it's cute), and when I sat him on it, he pooped! He's so smart! I'll let you know what happens on that front, but with all the traveling we are doing, I'm not going to push it right now.

I suppose that's it for now. Time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment