Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

I actually am getting to post on Monday! What are the odds? My first order of business is a matter of personal growth I realized yesterday. While sitting in Sunday school amongst friends, I was reflecting on my week. Hard as it was, I had people who I could rely on here in Austin, you know, people I could call in a pinch. I realized that I had people in Austin who care about me. I have known that for a long time, but actually verbalizing that thought in my head did something to me. I don't know. I finally feel like I belong here. It's not just the place I live anymore. If people were to ask me a couple of weeks ago where I was from, I would respond, "I'm from Dallas, but I live in Austin." Now I feel like my response would be, "Austin, but I am originally from Dallas." I know the difference is subtle, but to me it is huge. I am finally willing to call this home. It took me two years, but better late than never.

Okay, now onto the main event. William! High-fiving is his new favorite game. He will even initiate it with you if he feels so inclined.

William told his first joke last Thursday. We took Amy out for lunch to thank her for letting us invade her house the other day. When she went to the bathroom, William looked at me very seriously for a moment. Then he said, "A guba boo mada bubububa!" and he laughed right out loud for a good five seconds. Then he looked at me like I should be laughing too. I happily obliged and he laughed again in his high pitched baby way. It was adorable. I'm sure if I had understood the joke, it would have been hilarious!

I have a little climber on my hands. While making dinner on Friday evening, I put William in the sit-in walker so he could wonder around without getting in too much trouble...or so I thought. He walked around for a few minutes, and then silence...and then I hear the clinking of silverware. I assume William has pulled up to the dishwasher, stopped and has started to grab out the silverware from the caddy. I turn around preparing to say "don't play with that" when instead I gasp. My child has climbed out of the walker and has climbed into the dishwasher. I gawk as he is actually trying to climb between the lower and upper shelves of the dishwasher (hence the clinking) before I scoop him out. No more walker for my kiddo! It is probably just as well. He's getting so close to walking, it was only a matter of time.

Another cute story also occurred Friday evening. I was about to get William ready for bed upstairs when he heard the garage door open. He paused for a moment, unsure, but quickly smiled, screamed "DADA!" and crawled for the stairs full steam. He waited at the top of the stairs with his head squished up to the baby gate until he saw Francis and then a whole slew of "Dada!"s were squealed out by my little man. Francis scooped him up quickly after alighting the stairs and they laughed and played like father and son should. I know it made Francis's day.

This weekend was rather uneventful. We went to a lovely picnic, got Francis's car inspected and fixed, and went to church. William developed a horrible cough in the night last night and after going back to the doctor this morning (weight 21lbs, 3 oz!), it turns out he has bronchioitis again. This means another round of breathing treatments until Friday. And just when I thought we were finally getting healthy! Oh well.

On a final note, at lunch today I noticed William has another tooth! This one is on the bottom left. The right one does not look to be far behind. That makes 7 (almost 8) for this 9 month old. It's good because he likes eating mommy's food and he needs the chompers to do it!!!

That's to for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment