Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

I might just be one of the most blessed people on earth right now. At a time when I have really needed it emotionally, God has shown me that He has provided me with an awesome system of love and support. I know that a bunch of changes are coming, but with His help and the support of my friends and family, I feel like I can conquer anything.

Saturday was my baby shower here in Austin and it was more than I could have hoped. 22 wonderful ladies came and others who couldn't make it still sent gifts which just is beyond my comprehension. Ashley Duran headed up the festivities, but many others helped her to put it on. My house could hardly contain all the people (not to mention the excitement)! William got many wonderful gifts including tons of clothing (this kid is gonna be well dressed, I tell ya!), the monkey lamp and hamper I have been needing, diapers, toys, his pack n' play, and many other functional items. Somehow I have managed to put it all away in his room. How can one child require so much stuff? And yet, I know in time I will realize just how essential each item is. Thanks to all of you. Your gifts are heaven sent!

After the shower, many of the people from out of town stuck around for a BBQ out back (the boys played Halo upstairs during the shower). Francis finally got to use his grill for the second time since he got it (the first time was Tuesday). Everyone hung around and chatted until about 7 or so and all but Ashley, David and Rebecca Browne, and Audrey headed home. We then began a rousing game of Settler's of Catan after which Audrey headed back to San Antonio. The rest of us talked until midnight before turning in. Dave and Becca went to church with us the next morning and we had lunch before they left. It was sad to see them go. It was kind of like the end to a wonderful story book where you hate to have to finish the last sentence and close the book. But let them go we did and this weekend will be yet another wonderful memory in my mind. I hope to see everyone again very soon.

I have my next doctor's appointment tomorrow. Depending on what she sees, I will go again in two more weeks or start going weekly. I had a bit of a scary moment with William last night though. He started pushing really low very rhythmically. It was not contractions; it felt like he was trying to stretch out completely and then curling up in a ball. It didn't hurt (it was kind of uncomfortable), but it went on for several minutes. I told Francis and he monitored it for a bit. I tried sitting and rubbing my stomach but the rhythmic pushing would not stop. I became very concerned. Francis was about to call the doctor when I told him to just let me lay down and take deep breaths. After a couple of minutes the kicks slowed and eventually subsided. That is when is dawned on me. William had the hiccups! He's had them before, but either he just wasn't quite so big or so low for me to feel them so significantly. I might have figured it out sooner, but it is hard to focus when every couple of seconds, your entire belly and lower abdomen shake like jelly!

I guess that is all for now. I might try and do what my dogs are doing right now and take a nap. We will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment