Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16th

Francis and I have been a couple for 7 years and 11 months today. I just thought that was interesting. Who would have thought that the sweet young man who asked me to be his girlfriend during the credits of Italian Job and I would be having a child in 8 weeks? God is just amazing.

It is VBS (Vacation Bible School) at our church this week, and I am helping out with my favorite age: kindergarten. It's been a lot of fun and William has been very sweet to me. He did start kicking me on Tuesday during one of the classes and it made me jump. The sweet old lady who is in the class also looked at me and shook her head. "You can't go into labor now!" she said emphatically. As if I had any control over it if I did...

The kids have been very funny about me being pregnant. Some kids talk to and say hi to William. One boy went so far as to whisper a "secret" to him. One of the girls went home and told her mother I was going to have the baby that night and bring him the next day. I am SO glad she was wrong. The girls keep asking me if they can hold him when he comes (they keep telling me I will have him by the end of the week). Somehow I don't think that is going to happen. It has been a great week though, and we have a great class.

William likes hockey. He is his father's son. I posted a picture on Facebook a couple of weeks ago of a present Nana gave us: a baby size Toronto Maple Leaves jersey. Francis was more than ecstatic. How do I know William likes Hockey? I'll tell you. Last night was game 7 of the Stanely Cup finals. I was a good wife: I made dinner, set it up in front of the TV and had it all set to the right channel. As soon as the game started, William started kicking. And not just the sweet kicks he does normally. It was like he was practicing slap shots or checking inside the womb. Francis felt it too, and for a time was even more interested in William than the game (an amazing feat considering!). At one point, I thought William was going to break my water, so I stood up tentatively and left the room. As soon as I left, William calmed down and went to sleep. I came back 15 minutes later, and he woke back up and was up to his old antics. This continued back and forth for the course of the game. I am almost glad Vancouver didn't win, because William might have put me into an early labor. Future hockey fan? Yes.

I had another Doctor's appointment on Tuesday. William is head down! His heart rate was 139bpm, and everything looked good. Since there are no more Hockey games this season, I should go full term! My suspicions were correct: he has dropped significantly.  He is getting in position and I am right on schedule for being 32 weeks. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm going to be a mom! It still doesn't seem real. Maybe after my shower in Austin next Saturday, but it probably won't hit me until he is in my arms. August 13th will be here in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment