Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Can I just start off by saying that Francis is going to be an awesome dad? I tried to give him the best Father's Day. You'll have to ask him if I succeeded. Friday after i finished with VBS, I got all dressed up and we had dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was a nice date night, especially since our usual date night (Tuesday) didn't happen this week.

Saturday, we did the lawn first thing in the morning. It was so hot, but it had to be done. We then went to Lowes and Home Depot to find a long list of items needed for the house or yard. We had Chick-fil-a for lunch (does my husband know me or what?). We went that afternoon and saw Thor. Funny story. We couldn't decide what to see, but three movies were at about the same time so we headed up to the theater. As Francis walked up to the ticket booth, he turned and asked, "Is Pirates 4 ok to see?" I said sure, and he turned to buy tickets. We headed into the theater and got seats. I looked at my watch. "The movie should have started or at least the previews," I said. "No, it doesn't start until 4:20. We still have 5 minutes," he responded. I pulled out my ticket and looked at it. "We are seeing Thor???? I thought you said we were seeing Pirates 4!" Francis laughed. "I changed my mind when I turned around to buy the tickets." I laughed too. "Obviously. Do you realize how confused I would have been when the movie started?" Pirates in space would have been terribly confusing... William went crazy during the movie. I don't know if it was the surround sound or what, but after the movie, both the tops and side of my stomach were soft (he was that low). He kept kicking and worming his way down. Maybe he just wanted to be able to see the movie too! After the movie, we went to Kaleidoscoops, an ice cream shop, and got two scoops of very yummy ice cream (cake batter and birthday cake ice cream). It made the heat almost bearable.

Sunday, we went to church after I gave Francis a card and a onesie that says "If you think I am handsome, you should see my daddy!" We had lunch with Becky and Russ. It was nice to spend time with friends. Francis and I went to Academy to pick up a propane tank (we are now ready to BBQ!), and then came home to let in the dogs. It was already over 100. Do you realize that on average here in Austin, we have only 16 days over 100 on average, but this year we have already had 19 days? And it is only June! What a great summer to be pregnant, lol. Francis's favorite part of Father's day was what I made for dinner: Lasagna. He had the option to try out his new grill, but nothing was going to be as good as Lasagna. I'm glad I make at least one dish that is irreplaceable.

This week will hopefully be a quiet one. I seem to be due for one of those. I will be cleaning the house and preparing for my shower on Saturday. It should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment